Giant Killers Rossvale in Scottish Cup

JALD

I think it is a great result.

Turn it around the other way. 

Looked like finally a proper North Region Junior team to compete in the national competition.

They have beaten Linlithgow (top of East SL)  , Selkirk  (Going well enough in Lowland L) and pumped a couple of Highland League outfits this season.

Then compete with Ayr for 30+ minutes.

To then go and lose at a 3rd tier Junior side is hugely disapointing.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it is a great result.
Turn it around the other way. 
Looked like finally a proper North Region Junior team to compete in the national competition.
They have beaten Linlithgow (top of East SL)  , Selkirk  (Going well enough in Lowland L) and pumped a couple of Highland League outfits this season.
Then compete with Ayr for 30+ minutes.
To then go and lose at a 3rd tier Junior side is hugely disapointing.

Or from a West District League perspective hugely encouraging.
Well done Rossvale! And let's not forget Yoker or Perthshire either [emoji122]

3 minutes ago, svejk said:

Or from a West District League perspective hugely encouraging.
Well done Rossvale! And let's not forget Yoker or Perthshire either emoji122.png

Strange there's hardly been a mention of the Perthsire/Pollok game on the forum.

Strange there's hardly been a mention of the Perthsire/Pollok game on the forum.

Perthshire done really well yesterday and gave it a cracking go , think everyone will acknowledge that but just that there's not been an individual thread for it and it will be on the today's scores thread .

Any team that goes 2 up against Ayr Utd in the Scottish can’t be bad. Banks of Dee are probably the best footballing side Rossvale have played this year imo. Great result for the team and manager and to be honest no one gave us a chance.

I did ,£20 on u single in coral £72 quid back , well done rossvale .

never knew corals done singles on the juniors always thought it was minimum trebles 

To be honest a wasnt sure , i was down in troon at a music festival an corals was right beside it , so just chanced ma arm took ma money without question an paid up without question so must b fine ?

To be honest a wasnt sure , i was down in troon at a music festival an corals was right beside it , so just chanced ma arm took ma money without question an paid up without question so must b fine ?

Sometimes you'll get a single on a cup tie, but need a minimum treble for league games. Varies from bookie to bookie.

1 hour ago, hardest ned in glasgow said:

You have to pick a treble, but you can take two postponements as your games

Last season I had a treble on in willy hill got 2 up and the 3rd game postponed they refused to pay out the double and had to accept the stake back shocking state of affairs, from that moment on I haven't gave willy hill a penny.

25 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Last season I had a treble on in willy hill got 2 up and the 3rd game postponed they refused to pay out the double and had to accept the stake back shocking state of affairs, from that moment on I haven't gave willy hill a penny.

You need to write to William Hill customer services with the details of the bet and where it was placed.   William Hill have made a mistake and they will pay out.

On 26/11/2017 at 11:20, JALD said:

Any team that goes 2 up against Ayr Utd in the Scottish can’t be bad. Banks of Dee are probably the best footballing side Rossvale have played this year imo. Great result for the team and manager and to be honest no one gave us a chance.

They were absolutely terrible against Ayr.  I think they got up the park once other than the two hopeful punts into the box where they got penalties from collisions.  

Archived