Giant Killers Rossvale in Scottish Cup

JALD

Rossvale 3-2 Banks of Dee in Scottish 3rd round match at hunters hill. Five goal thriller with Banks of Dee taking the lead just after 10 minutes. That ignited vales determination to try harder and a perfected place lob over the keeper saw Vale level after 25 minutes. Just before half time vale went ahead 2-1. The second half Dee started well and eventually got the equaliser 2-2. The game was end to end and eventually Vale got the winner through Jamie Hunter. There was other chances for both teams but the vale edged out deserved winners . New manager Gordon Moffat works his magic again with great tactics and subs. 2 wins in a row and looking good [emoji898][emoji322][emoji41]

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched a game at Huntershill for the first time. I was impressed with the quality of football by both teams       But I felt Rossvale wanted it more and got what they deserved. 

The ground itself leaves a bit to be desired but it's a work in progress. Well done Rossvale. 

From everyone at Rossvale we are bursting with pride to have won this game today. It is a historic result for the club. We march on to the 4th round and proud indeed.

Calm the beans it's a decent result ffs no more , rossvale don't half make a meal of things , drama queens

To be fair, Banks o Dee are not just "a North Super League team". They are top of the North Super League with a 100% record this season and were unbeaten in all competitions until yesterday. Well done to Rossvale and worth talking up.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

To be fair, Banks o Dee are not just "a North Super League team". They are top of the North Super League with a 100% record this season and were unbeaten in all competitions until yesterday. Well done to Rossvale and worth talking up.

Apart from the Ayr and Culter  games...

Apart from the Ayr and Culter  games...

Oops, I mis-read the Culter result as a 3-0 win instead of a defeat. I don't count the Ayr United game as a junior competition. I know I said "all competitions" but you know what I meant. [emoji23]

Any team that goes 2 up against Ayr Utd in the Scottish can’t be bad. Banks of Dee are probably the best footballing side Rossvale have played this year imo. Great result for the team and manager and to be honest no one gave us a chance.

Archived