Edinburgh City Vs Cowdenbeath

Taking a few mates alone with me today, interesting to see whether they're still my mates after forking out 12 quid to see whatever delights these 2 sides have in store for us this afternoon.

They're never speaking to me again

That was guff. Easy to see why that was the bottom two.

I get why Cowden might not want to lose today but Muirhead then Garden must have been fed up - at some points the closest player to Muirhead was at least 30 yards away with 5 white shirts closer.

We will never know if a partner would have swung it our way.

Not convinced the trialist offers enough over what we have, I would rather see Swann up there and sort the left back position.

Mention for Whittaker who had one great drop of the shoulder and cross.

Rumsby did well at the back but Miller shaded it for me MOM.

1 hour ago, wulliemc said:

That was guff. Easy to see why that was the bottom two.

I get why Cowden might not want to lose today but Muirhead then Garden must have been fed up - at some points the closest player to Muirhead was at least 30 yards away with 5 white shirts closer.

We will never know if a partner would have swung it our way.

Not convinced the trialist offers enough over what we have, I would rather see Swann up there and sort the left back position.

Mention for Whittaker who had one great drop of the shoulder and cross.

Rumsby did well at the back but Miller shaded it for me MOM.

I would say over his 2 games Gary has us better organised with a limited squad I suppose the main thing is who he can bring in during the January window.

Was never going to be a classic with both sides probably fearing getting beat rather than winning, I had a feeling pre game it would either be a draw on a 1-0 win either way.

Big shout out for Craig Beattie managing to get a shot over the high fence at the Pilton end goal in all the years i've seen games at AP i've never seen anyone send a shot over it:lol:

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would say over his 2 games Gary has us better organised with a limited squad I suppose the main thing is who he can bring in during the January window.

Was never going to be a classic with both sides probably fearing getting beat rather than winning, I had a feeling pre game it would either be a draw on a 1-0 win either way.

Big shout out for Craig Beattie managing to get a shot over the high fence at the Pilton end goal in all the years i've seen games at AP i've never seen anyone send a shot over it:lol:

Was impressed last week but our problems aren't over. Long way to go before we get out of this mess.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I notice a broken window on one of the PIlton Drive houses at the back a couple of seasons ago- I suspect it was a stray Spartans shot what done it. 

Taking of great shots- a Cowden free kick in the second half was apparently caught by Andy McD standing on the balcony!! :lol:

One of those games which wasn't unbelievably rotten as there were chances but both sides were probably thinking "we should have beaten that shite".. 

We really should have all won some money at the bookies yesterday, as a 0-0 draw between these two teams must have been one of the biggest certainties in the history of betting!

Both teams  have absolutely zero up front,  and so won't win many games obviously.   Maybe January will bring new players but both teams are probably skint so won't get anyone of any quality that will make a difference.

I guess we both can only hope to finish in front of each other at the end of the season, to avoid the play-off,  as I wouldn't  fancy that for either of these teams the season!!!

4 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Still not sure how big Farid missed that chance in the first half, it would have been a lovely goal as well. Felt like my bones were frozen yesterday, can't remember being that cold at a game of football

and you were on the warm side- it was colder on the other side (Ainslie Park microclimate). 

I do miss the Meadowbank concourse- a respite from hypothermia on many an occasion. 

Bloody 3G pitches- at least grass has the decency to be frozen so after the game  has been put off you can spend afternoons in a nice warm public house rather than suffering the following scenes:

gfr1.thumb.jpg.bb290ba3e38a4eec85b48704753fd842.jpg

Archived