Games Off

Nugent4nil

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Tayport v broughty off

You laugh because Broxburn game is off as hardly the worst frost ever, yet say nothing on your comment re Tayport game being off?

There are 13 miles between Bo’ness and Broxburn. Darvel game is on whilst Hurlford/Musselburgh game is off - only 7 miles difference between two clubs. 

So, why laugh at Broxburn. Remember that although Broxburn is not grass, it must now be the worst artificial in junior football, so not surprising the ground will be slippy on a day like this.

37 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You laugh because Broxburn game is off as hardly the worst frost ever, yet say nothing on your comment re Tayport game being off?

There are 13 miles between Bo’ness and Broxburn. Darvel game is on whilst Hurlford/Musselburgh game is off - only 7 miles difference between two clubs. 

So, why laugh at Broxburn. Remember that although Broxburn is not grass, it must now be the worst artificial in junior football, so not surprising the ground will be slippy on a day like this.

Its also laughable for him to call it "an all weather pitch" - that kind of thinking went out in the 90s for those who know something about football. Artificial pitches are not all weather pitches, stick 10 inches of snow on it or cover it in ice and it'll be off the same as grass.

Renfrew FC team bus have arrived at Darvel to be told Match referee has called the game off after an earlier inspection said it was on. Supporters bus also en route, and I’ve managed to tell them as they were getting to Kilmarnock. Not good

Renfrew FC team bus have arrived at Darvel to be told Match referee has called the game off after an earlier inspection said it was on. Supporters bus also en route, and I’ve managed to tell them as they were getting to Kilmarnock. Not good

Game on at Portland Park, if you want to get your football fix then Troon v Yoker kicks-off at 1.45pm.

31b857d77ed8d76304c009f5b53fb9ad.jpgYou’d be very welcome!

If the earlier inspection was done by a ref then the association have to cover some of your expenses I think.

Terrible from the match referee, he should have called it off this morning at 1st inspection if he had some doubts, not wait till teams arrive

Archived