Jon Venables

34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I cannot give an example of someone in poverty getting off with a crime but then again I also cannot give an example of someone rich getting off with a crime.  

There was a case recently of a public school boy who carried a knife planning to rob a drug dealer and used it to stab someone to death. He walked free.

There is also the Shoreham pilot who killed 11 people and walked free.

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There was a case recently of a public school boy who carried a knife planning to rob a drug dealer and used it to stab someone to death. He walked free.

There is also the Shoreham pilot who killed 11 people and walked free.

Was Harry Clarke rich then? 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He didn't commit a crime which is why he was never prosecuted.

Ah, that's ok then.  If he had been rich, I'm pretty sure you'd be using him as an example to prove your point.

P.S. The Shoreham pilot didn't commit any crime either, hence his acquittal.   

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If Twitter rumours are true he won’t be needing any more new identities.

Probably bullshit.

Being widely reported its just the standard Twitter rumours, but I doubt anyone would know this quickly either way tbh, considering he's in the witness protection scheme if hes even out of prison at the moment.

He'll probably be killed in prison one day because hes a beast, and only after they'll find out who he was.

Some horrible people are Twitter. I think the guy must be completely mental; living with that would send most folk round the bend.
Aye what a shame the poor guy only killed a bairn and has been in and out of jail since being on witness protection for numerous stuff including having CP but aye what a shame.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Aye what a shame the poor guy only killed a bairn and has been in and out of jail since being on witness protection for numerous stuff including having CP but aye what a shame.

A surprising amount of people defending him, hopefully unaware that just a few years ago he was done for being a beast and had written a guide for fellow beasts advising them on how to get away with snaring and abusing children.

If they know that and are still defending him, then fucking hell.

One strange thing about the case is that Venables was the remorseful one whereas Thompson was seen as the pyschopath who was the dominant party and the leader.  And yet it's Venables who, by all accounts, has been the recidivist rather than Thompson.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

A surprising amount of people defending him, hopefully unaware that just a few years ago he was done for being a beast and had written a guide for fellow beasts advising them on how to get away with snaring and abusing children.

If they know that and are still defending him, then fucking hell.

Still, he got two years in prison for that, I'm sure he's learned his lesson and is now a valued member of society.