Jon Venables

I have it on good authority that Venables and Thompson have both been residing in Ardersier for years. That good authority being a full time mummy on the "Nairn when you were a bairn" Facebook page.

Also, a woman was hounded out of Inverness a few years back because someone reckoned she looked like Maxine Carr.

There was talk that Maxine Carr was in Wick/Thurso area.

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

There was talk that Maxine Carr was in Wick/Thurso area.

"How to blend in" by Maxine Carr.

Chapter 1

I had cogitated long and hard before deciding an anonymous big city wasn't the best way to go.

Instead I decided a small town, where the locals stared at and gossiped about strangers was the better option. I hoped the newspapers from the time of my discretion had all been used for "mushroom suppers" a long time ago. Knowing there was no internet in this weird little backwater I thought I might just get away with it.

When I lived in Inverness a Scouser started working in the pub me and my mates used to drink in.  He'd moved to Inverness off his own back, said he wanted to get a "new start".  He came out drinking with us a few times, he also liked to smoke dope IIRC.  After working in the pub for a few months he left and we never saw him again.  It did cross my mind when Venables was recalled the first time that he could've been one of them, although the details subsequently released of Venables life would suggest it wasn't him and Robert Thompson has also been revealed to be living in the North of England.

When I lived in Inverness a Scouser started working in the pub me and my mates used to drink in.  He'd moved to Inverness off his own back, said he wanted to get a "new start".  He came out drinking with us a few times, he also liked to smoke dope IIRC.  After working in the pub for a few months he left and we never saw him again.  It did cross my mind when Venables was recalled the first time that he could've been one of them, although the details subsequently released of Venables life would suggest it wasn't him and Robert Thompson has also been revealed to be living in the North of England.

Sure I read an article that said Thomson was apparently recognised working as a Steward for Newcastle United.

30 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Sure I read an article that said Thomson was apparently recognised working as a Steward for Newcastle United.

Amazed that he hasn't been appointed manager.

ETA - people have been prosecuted for speculating about who or where Venables and Thomson are, so people should probably be careful that they only report what has been said elsewhere - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4981089/robert-thompson-james-bulger-killer-gay-ringleader/

Edited by ICTChris

To answer my earlier question, Robert Thompson never re offended (despite being  made out to be the ringleader in the murder), he is openly gay and lives a happy quiet life in the north west.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4981089/robert-thompson-james-bulger-killer-gay-ringleader/

Just now, throbber said:

To answer my earlier question, Robert Thompson never re offended (despite being  made out to be the ringleader in the murder), he is openly gay and lives a happy quiet life in the north west.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4981089/robert-thompson-james-bulger-killer-gay-ringleader/

Good for him.

For what its worth, I do think "good for him."

Had an awful childhood, was surely suffering some kind of mental illness, struggling with sexuslity and did something unbelievably horrific 

Served his time, got treatment, got rehabilitated and got on with his life.

It's the perfect example of how prison should work