Rainbow Laces Campaign

Cosmic Joe

I get the feeling that we are getting there this year. Okay, mostly half-hearted support from most clubs but the homophobic spectators out there are now looking over their shoulders to see if they are getting backed up by their fellow fans. This is a major step forward as bigots of any description rely on being in a crowd of like-minded people...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I think most of the folk complaining about this are ignorant yer da types rather than necessarily harbouring a deep rooted hatred of homosexuals, but it’s still astounding the amount who don’t seem to understand the fairly simple concept.

You're bang on there (cue yet another Kenneth Williams pic). 

Posters are happy to shout down obviously homophobic posts without having the balls to support something that might not be consistent with perceived "popular opinion"...  

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

I get the feeling that we are getting there this year. Okay, mostly half-hearted support from most clubs but the homophobic spectators out there are now looking over their shoulders to see if they are getting backed up by their fellow fans. This is a major step forward as bigots of any description rely on being in a crowd of like-minded people...

This is all a bit metropolitan for the Highland League. Are we supposed to wear multicoloured shoelaces if we support the gays, or if we hate them?

there was a rainbow laces day last year- City were encouraged to change the laces on their boots which everyone did except one player who was reluctant- it wasn't that he was homophobic, it just totally upset his match routine! 

I still have a pair that were left over. They're quite nice. I notice wee Gordon was wearing a pair of rainbow braces recently in support too:

5a1613465bc5d_cujimmy.jpg.1bc26396e102b17bc17492f4406f54b9.jpg

This definitely won't end with folk correctly refusing to be strong-armed into LGBT activism then being called bigots.

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

This is a major step forward as bigots of any description rely on being in a crowd of like-minded people...

Definitely.

Archived