Dunfermline vs Dumbarton 25/11/17

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time we left East End Park we'd been pumped 5-1 and one of our players had heedered a teammate.

That makes any frustration I'm feeling about only taking a point feel ungrateful.

Two belting goals. Two big players back from injury, and a string of good performances. Much to be happy about.

1 minute ago, Frank Quitely said:

BBC reporting Walsh was subbed due to injury - nothing too serious I hope, especially as he seemed to have one of his 'On It' days today.

Great point as SE has posted above, but a Nicky Clark header again FFS.....

Aye, hope he's ok.

At 2-1 for Sons, big DJ on Clyde 1 said "2-1 Dumbarton @ East End Park, fingers crossed for them"

F#+k Chick Dung :)

Aye, hope he's ok.
At 2-1 for Sons, big DJ on Clyde 1 said "2-1 Dumbarton @ East End Park, fingers crossed for them"
F#+k Chick Dung [emoji4]

DFC - Staunch.
Non existent midfield. We are torture to watch.
At least the 7/8 Dumbarton fans down the front had a brilliant EEP experience, they were loving it.

Aye, it was brilliant to have the drum creating a bit of atmosphere. Fair play to the stewards too who let them have a bit of fun.

Something that a few other clubs could learn from...

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

DFC - Staunch.

Aye, it was brilliant to have the drum creating a bit of atmosphere. Fair play to the stewards too who let them have a bit of fun.

Something that a few other clubs could learn from...

It is great to see (and hear) these young fellas, come along and support Sons in recent weeks.

Fair play to Dumbarton - they deserved a point at the very least. The second goal was a fantastic hit, so much so there was a smattering of applause in the home end. We really didn't play well at all. No drive, energy or urgency until we were a goal down and then when it was full on panic mode. We won't make the play offs at this rate. Dumbarton should stay up again. Relegating Falkirk in the process if possible please.

Hugely unimpressed with AJ. Wasn't even at the game but with his post-match comments. Talking about how we should be "blowing away teams like Dumbarton" 

Get fucked. Showing the same entitled attitude of the dirt worst element of our support. No wonder we were poor if he's sending them out with the attitude that we just need to show up to win games.

Happy for Dumbarton and judging by the comments I've seen, you lot were unlucky not to win the game. Hope the point helps you relegate the Bairns x

Exactly right, we thought we just needed to turn up today.

I'm starting to lose faith in AJ and in his ability to change it. I can't think of many games when he changed the formation or even anything after half time. TBH Dumbarton probably deserved to win today, I've never seen so many good players on our side make so many mistakes under no pressure. Nat looks awful, Higgy was ineffective, Smith didn't win a ball all day.

postives, not many

Paton looked not too bad coming on and Morris fortunately snuffed out any danger and Talbot had a steady game.

AJ never criticises players but he needs to have a serious think about the mental strength and abilities of several first team players. That was relegation material today.

Hugely unimpressed with AJ. Wasn't even at the game but with his post-match comments. Talking about how we should be "blowing away teams like Dumbarton" 
Get fucked. Showing the same entitled attitude of the dirt worst element of our support. No wonder we were poor if he's sending them out with the attitude that we just need to show up to win games.
Happy for Dumbarton and judging by the comments I've seen, you lot were unlucky not to win the game. Hope the point helps you relegate the Bairns x

Ooft. That's attrocious patter from him.

The type of insulting drivel I'd expect from Ray McKinnon or Peter Houston. Nae offence to the Pars (who I rate highly despite today's performance and who have decent fans) but we've been playing at this level longer they have. I don't think anyone should expect to 'blow us away'. We've beaten better teams than Dunfermline away from home over the last 6 seasons.

I'm pretty happy with a point against our bogey team although we were unfortunate not to get all three. The bridie was as delicious as ever and my bovril almost went into orbit when Walsh scored. Froxy:wub:. When I got into the car my body was convulsing, I was that cold even though I had six layers on but I soon heated up. Unfortunately I didn't manage to find the bakers. My satnav said Guildhall street was in an unreachable area so I drove around for a bit before giving up and heading to the ground. Another time. It was only my second time at eep. It's a cracking stadium with a great view from the stand. There was a brilliant sunset behind the Norrie McCathie stand. 

Exactly right, we thought we just needed to turn up today.
I'm starting to lose faith in AJ and in his ability to change it. I can't think of many games when he changed the formation or even anything after half time. TBH Dumbarton probably deserved to win today, I've never seen so many good players on our side make so many mistakes under no pressure. Nat looks awful, Higgy was ineffective, Smith didn't win a ball all day.
postives, not many
Paton looked not too bad coming on and Morris fortunately snuffed out any danger and Talbot had a steady game.
AJ never criticises players but he needs to have a serious think about the mental strength and abilities of several first team players. That was relegation material today.

Think today was the first time I'd seen us deviate from 4-4-2 since we experimented (with dreadful effect) with 3 at the back pre-season. Even then it seemed more like we were playing 4-3-3 only because Smith isn't a right winger and was just trying to keep as high up the pitch as possible.

I'm pretty happy with a point against our bogey team although we were unfortunate not to get all three. The bridie was as delicious as ever and my bovril almost went into orbit when Walsh scored. Froxy:wub:. When I got into the car my body was convulsing, I was that cold even though I had six layers on but I soon heated up. Unfortunately I didn't manage to find the bakers. My satnav said Guildhall street was in an unreachable area so I drove around for a bit before giving up and heading to the ground. Another time. It was only my second time at eep. It's a cracking stadium with a great view from the stand. There was a brilliant sunset behind the Norrie McCathie stand. 

Archived