Flat Earth theory

DA Baracus

16 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

I thought the flat earth stuff began as internet trolling but then some morons took it to be true and are now pedalling this shit.

What I don't understand is that If it is a huge conspiracy and if the earth is indeed flat. What would the conspirators have to gain? The world is obviously full of incredibly stupid people.

Think of all that loot that NASA has been pretending to spend on getting a man on the moon and the space station. The liberal elites aren't called "global" for nothing, flat earth denying sheeple!

Guy who painted my kitchen thought the earth was flat, hurricanes were man made for population control, and e cigarette liquid had mind control drugs in them placed by the government.

Good painter though.

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Good video here that rips apart the most popular Flat Earth claims

I'm sure the people who make the flat earther videos like the one this was debunking are just doing it for the money and/or trolling and don't believe a word. Otherwise they wouldn't just blatantly lie about the "evidence".

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How do they explain how if you fly in a straight line in any direction, refuelling if necessary,  you'll end up back where you started?

A kind of fuzzy wormhole thing. Like an 80s computer game when you go off one side of the screen and come back on the other. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How do they explain how if you fly in a straight line in any direction, refuelling if necessary,  you'll end up back where you started?

"The earth is in the form of a disk with the North Pole in the center and Antarctica as a wall around the edge. This is the generally accepted model among members of the society. In this model, circumnavigation is performed by moving in a great circle around the North Pole.

The earth is surrounded on all sides by an ice wall that holds the oceans back. This ice wall is what explorers have named Antarctica. Beyond the ice wall is a topic of great interest to the Flat Earth Society. To our knowledge, no one has been very far past the ice wall and returned to tell of their journey. What we do know is that it encircles the earth and serves to hold in our oceans and helps protect us from whatever lies beyond.

Here is picture of a proposed, but certainly not definitive, flat earth."

File:Map.png

All we need is the Night King to show up and tear down the Ice Wall and we'll blow this thing wide open.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/22/self-taught-rocket-scientist-plans-launch-to-test-flat-earth-theory

“I don’t believe in science,” declared the 61-year-old. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula.”

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I refuse to believe more than 10% of this shite you see on the internet is sincere.

I think the alt right started with people on 4chan pretending to be racists and nazis to take the pish and some of them began to believe the nonsense. 

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Where do the armed guards live/come from?

From all the nations that lay claim to Antarctica.   According to the Flat Eathers, no-one knows what is on the other side of the Ice Wall as anyone who visited never made it back alive.

Edited by TheCelt67