Highland Handsomes -vs- Paisley Pansies

5 minutes ago, Kingston Bud said:

So you are saying any form of push is a red card? I’m sorry but that’s nonsense. It’s simply doesn’t happen even if it is the written rules.

I happened to agree that Sammy should have walked but I’ve seen clearer red cards.

I see he is saying he grabbed him and didn’t push him. That’s probably as nonsense as the ICT players explanation for the 100% penalty.

The rules are clear, if you use force with your hands then it can be a red card. Each ref will judge each incident differently though, which is why it doesn't happen all the time. I disagree with the ref here though.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rules are clear, if you use force with your hands then it can be a red card. Each ref will judge each incident differently though, which is why it doesn't happen all the time. I disagree with the ref here though.

It can be a red exactly but not always

was madness from Sammy

Where do you get this push/punch nonsense from?  You cannot lift your hands to an opponent, regardless if it's a punch or a push. The ball is out of play Samson runs 10 yards to push a Caley player who has his back to him. It's a red all day long.

So what about the other players that lifted their hands in the melee that followed all red cards?

Even polworths excuse in an interview the st Mirren player tried to push into him what utter bullshit coming from ict .

Trying to blame others for their own shite performances this season believing they are better than what they are

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

So what about the other players that lifted their hands in the melee that followed all red cards?

To be fair to him, I think he's admitted that "lifted hands" was a poor choice of words. Samson could have been sent off there and he shouldn't have done it. It wasn't the horrendous assault or open and shut case that the ICT fans, players, manager and Twitter were blubbering about on Saturday night, but it was borderline. You wouldn't be appealing the suspension if he had been sent off anyway.

Looked to me like a stick on penalty. Would probably have been wanting Samson sent off if something like that had happened against my team. Looks like it's one of those classic where the ref tries to just book a player from each time, except the Caley Thistle one has already been booked. Wonder if there'd be as much debate about Samson if Vigurs wasn't already on a booking. Silly thing to do in that situation.

Anyway, great stuff that we've provoked a meltdown from Robertson for the second time in as many games. 

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Half of them came against Airdrie, Lothian Thistle and Hearts' youth team. He's managed just six in the league.

edit- He's still done really well so far but racking up the goals against diddies in the cup can be slightly misleading. I'm sure he's providing more than just goals to the team as well.

Out of interest who's Nicky scored against this season, Queens Park and Dumbarton are all I know of?

Edited to say nice cool finish for the second there from Gav.

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looked to me like a stick on penalty. Would probably have been wanting Samson sent off if something like that had happened against my team. Looks like it's one of those classic where the ref tries to just book a player from each time, except the Caley Thistle one has already been booked. Wonder if there'd be as much debate about Samson if Vigurs wasn't already on a booking. Silly thing to do in that situation.

Anyway, great stuff that we've provoked a meltdown from Robertson for the second time in as many games. 

Have to say that the more I see it, I'd expect a player to be sent off for what Samson did.

Any Saints fan who says that they wouldn't be demanding a sending off if that happened to one of our players is at it.:lol:

You just need to avoid defeat at home to Livingston. You have five wins and a draw from your six home matches so far.
Livi have done really well this season but they're certainly underdogs tomorrow.

We've never beaten Livi in Paisley....ever.

We are not favourites here.

7 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

We've never beaten Livi in Paisley....ever.

We are not favourites here.

And on the flip side we have won every away game against them, think we're up to about six wins there now!

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Does 12/08/17 ring any bells :whistle i'm sure it wont as you'll want to forget all about that day :thumsup2

We didn't get bullied that day we just didn't turn up unlike the previous game at the Greenock shit tip in which we ran out 4-1 winners.

Mind the gap:thumsup2

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

Have to say that the more I see it, I'd expect a player to be sent off for what Samson did.

Any Saints fan who says that they wouldn't be demanding a sending off if that happened to one of our players is at it.:lol:

I don't think I've ever seen that kind of thing from Samson before. It was pretty mental. Had it been someone like Boruc who was always good for a heads gone moment fair enough but I can't recall Samson ever losing it like that. Always seems pretty mild on the pitch.

I see Craig Samson is in the SPFL team of the week. That will surely be enough to see ICTFC Twitter go into meltdown.

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Either that because off Robbo's meltdown pointing out he had '5 great saves' in the first half. [emoji23][emoji23]

Archived