Highland Handsomes -vs- Paisley Pansies

7 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Highlights are up. The ref got the big calls right.

If I was Robertson I'd be furious at Vigurs. Got booked for squaring up to Smith after an inocuous foul - Smith was unlucky to get booked going by the video, as Vigurs shoves him and squares up to him - then a second yellow for shouting at McShane as he lay on the ground.

Samson was stupid and was correctly booked.

A penalty? Yes, stupid challenge from Polworth. Always going to give the ref a decision to make in that situation.

Vigurs? Show me a player who wouldn't turn around and face up to the opponent when he's been chipping at his ankles constantly for several seconds. But he walked away of his own volition. And a second yellow for exchanging pleasantries. Really? We'll be seeing abandoned games soon for lack of players if that's the measure. Over the piece, harsh to be off for these two incidents.

Loved the way Samson gives a gesture of thanks with right hand to the ref for his yellow ... he himself thought he was gone. 

Anyway games are won and lost by putting the ball in the net and so St Mirren managed that. ICT didn't. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s a good reason why st Mirren are 2nd in the league and ict are 3rd bottom and it certainly isn’t because of a refs both calls were correct.

Vigiurs squaring upto an opponent while already on a booking is just stupidity players get booked all day long for those incidents And the penalty is a foul the ict player goes to barge Morgan off the ball. Had that been Morgan that done that to the defender robbo would of been crying all day long for a foul.

Ref made a right c**t of that. First, by the laws of the game a shoulder to shoulder challenge is allowed. It's a soft penalty. Vigurs second yellow is also very soft. Samson should have been sent off for raising his hands.

St Mirren are utter pish. Surprises me how such a shite team can be so high up the league. The less said about the fans the better.

Ref made a right c**t of that. First, by the laws of the game a shoulder to shoulder challenge is allowed. It's a soft penalty. Vigurs second yellow is also very soft. Samson should have been sent off for raising his hands.

St Mirren are utter pish. Surprises me how such a shite team can be so high up the league. The less said about the fans the better.

Has someone been working your shaft the wrong way there bud?

So a push on Morgan in the box isn’t even a foul but a push by the st Mirren keeper is a straight red [emoji23][emoji23]

Have a go at your own stupid players instead of shooting from 25-30 yards hoping for wonder goals, making daft challenges and squaring upto players whilst already on a booking.

Hope wee fatty gets you’s relegated this year

4-2

2-0

2nd in the league oh how lucky we are

So a push on Morgan in the box isn’t even a foul but a push by the st Mirren keeper is a straight red [emoji23][emoji23]

Have a go at your own stupid players instead of shooting from 25-30 yards hoping for wonder goals, making daft challenges and squaring upto players whilst already on a booking.

4-2

2-0

There’s obviously a difference, one was an attempt for the ball whilst the game was being played and the other (looked more like a punch?) was whilst the game was stopped and the only intention was to hurt or put the Inverness player on the deck.

Actually came on here to see the reaction to that, highlights popped up on my YouTube and I always watch the Scottish league highlights.

Ref had a shocker.

4-2

2-0

Your first sentence in that reply confirmed your stupidity.

There’s obviously a difference, one was an attempt for the ball whilst the game was being played and the other (looked more like a punch?) was whilst the game was stopped and the only intention was to hurt or put the Inverness player on the deck.

Actually came on here to see the reaction to that, highlights popped up on my YouTube and I always watch the Scottish league highlights.

Ref had a shocker.

Ict has a shocker more like and by the looks of the table is not a one off [emoji23][emoji23]

The only intention was to push him away from the guy he was squaring upto on the deck you numpty. Viguirs is the first player to run and confront anyone clearly starting the incident correctly receiving a yellow as did Samson for also getting involved you see the two instigators booked for those incidents all the time so quit looking to blame Luther for your own players stupidity.

And an attempt to get the ball [emoji23][emoji23]by launching Morgan off the park as he was getting by him clear foul all day long.

Ref was spot on for both calls

Ict has a shocker more like and by the looks of the table is not a one off [emoji23][emoji23]

The only intention was to push him away from the guy he was squaring upto on the deck you numpty. Viguirs is the first player to run and confront anyone clearly starting the incident correctly receiving a yellow as did Samson for also getting involved you see the two instigators booked for those incidents all the time so quit looking to blame Luther for your own players stupidity.

And an attempt to get the ball [emoji23][emoji23]by launching Morgan off the park as he was getting by him clear foul all day long.

Ref was spot on for both calls

I support Arbroath mate. I have no bias toward any team, Samson should’ve been off imo.

Does it matter who you support does however matter what opticians you go to if you think you seen a punch in that

Looked at it again, definitely not a punch, but he runs out from his goal and pushes/grabs the guy by the back of his neck/head area. Would’ve been seething if that had happened against us. Imagine if it was the other way round you’d possibly think it was a red too, although you’ll not admit that

Definite penalty

Definite Red Card 

Sanson probably should have walked as well.

Matters nothing though cos the games over,  we've gained 3 points and we've got Livingston on Tues with a view to going back to the top of the league.

Mon the Buddies 

8 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

A shoulder to shoulder challenge is allowed if both men are running shoulder to shoulder and it's a fair tussle. 

Unfortunately for your idiotic number 7, barrelling into the back of a guy's shoulder blade when he has left your team mate standing does not constitute a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge.  That you even think it's a good challenge and debatable penalty is both funny and concerning in equal measure. 

As for Samson, said it last night on BAWA and I'll say the same here. It's somewhere between a yellow and a red in that I've seen both colours of card given in similar situations and it's all really down to interpretation. He can certainly count himself lucky as it could and probably should have been red. The confrontational side of him is something I never noticed it in his first spell but he's definitely very hot headed. He'd have been as well staying back there. 

Vigurs definitely deserved to walk though, he fouled McShane and anytime you have that sort of go at a prone player, you run that risk. Especially since he had already been booked for something very similar.

If you're a central mid and you can't keep the head at a player niggling and nipping at your heels then you really need to question your own temperament and whether football is for you. 

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

As for Samson, said it last night on BAWA and I'll say the same here. It's somewhere between a yellow and a red in that I've seen both colours of card given in similar situations and it's all really down to interpretation. He can certainly count himself lucky as it could and probably should have been red. The confrontational side of him is something I never noticed it in his first spell but he's definitely very hot headed. He'd have been as well staying back there. 

There's no in between for that Samson challenge. It's a clear red card under "Violent Conduct". 

ETA: At the end of the day it's not going to change anything. St Mirren won, the referee was shite, heads gone from the ICT Twitter account. That's pretty much the way the game will be remembered.

Archived