Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather have a cup run than win the seocnd tier title.
I've seen the Pars in the top flight for many seasons. It's not really all that exciting. Would rather be in it than not but a Cup run is far more interesting.
Totally agree with this.

I'm 51 and have seen the Bairns lose 3 cup finals and its absolutely gutting. For a club like Falkirk, to see them win the Scottish Cup would be something to remember for the rest of my days. My Dad who died 13 years ago was at the 1957 cup winning final replay and spoke regularly of what it meant to him.

The most disappointing thing here is not the loss, although that is disappointing, but that it allows people to justify their lazy conclusions about the differences in the leagues. Neither team has shown what they are capable of here, barring Mackay-Steven's excellent shot, so to use this as some sort of bellwether is pretty daft. Yet the commentators (I'm watching this on BBC) are shovelling out those platitudes aplenty.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

The most disappointing thing here is not the loss, although that is disappointing, but that it allows people to justify their lazy conclusions about the differences in the leagues. Neither team has shown what they are capable of here, barring Mackay-Steven's excellent shot, so to use this as some sort of bellwether is pretty daft. Yet the commentators (I'm watching this on BBC) are shovelling out those platitudes aplenty.

St Mirren are top of the worst Championship in years. Maybe decades. 

It's up to them to prove that they're the match of Premiership clubs. At the moment they're 4-1 down to an Aberdeen side that hasn't got out of 2nd gear all game. 

Take from that what you will.

We’ve not shown what we’re capable of and we’re 4-1 up and cruising. That’s having not played in 3 weeks, missing our two best centre backs and with May and McGinn on the bench.

St Mirren would be comfortably bottom of the league on this showing. Not capable of defending against higher quality players.

Archived