Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why do you need to?  Genuine question.

Obviously, you want your club playing at a decent level, but this business of league taking precedence is just Sky Sports propaganda that people have started swallowing.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Precisely. Because being in the top league enables us to develop a squad capable of winning cups occasionally. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why do you need to?  Genuine question.

Obviously, you want your club playing at a decent level, but this business of league taking precedence is just Sky Sports propaganda that people have started swallowing.

Or maybe some people just see the league as more important. It's really not that big a deal.

This is a Gary Mackay Steven game through and through. Mostly nondescript in most matches, disappears in hard fought battles, yet up against a lower league team when you're cruising and he'll look like a superstar.  Expect a few pieces of outstanding skill in the remainder of the match and everyone raving about 'that's what he's capable of' ....

Harsh but fair on hibs.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd rather have a cup run than win the seocnd tier title.

I've seen the Pars in the top flight for many seasons. It's not really all that exciting. Would rather be in it than not but a Cup run is far more interesting.

We were in the Irn Bru cup final last year. Time to give someone else a shot at glory.

Think that's literally been said every season for about a decade.

Not from me it hasn't. Given we've had Hibs, Hearts and The Rangers over the last few years then I don't think many folk will have said such a thing. The Rangers weren't great the year they never went up but that side would still be walking it this season. The Hearts side that went up was the best Championship side I can recall since we were in that division.

The quality is far poorer this season.

Archived