Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a Gary Mackay Steven game through and through. Mostly nondescript in most matches, disappears in hard fought battles, yet up against a lower league team when you're cruising and he'll look like a superstar.  Expect a few pieces of outstanding skill in the remainder of the match and everyone raving about 'that's what he's capable of' ....

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Silly.

Your greatest ever moments as a St Mirren fan will have come via Cups.  One league game of 38 will not in itself determine progress in that competition.  Today's shambles will.

One of the best days I had as a st mirren fan was winning the league cup, of course. But if we'd lost against Hamilton in the first round I would have been fine with it.

We need to get back to top league, everything else is a distraction 

Just now, Silvio said:

One of the best days I had as a st mirren fan was winning the league cup, of course. But if we'd lost against Hamilton in the first round I would have been fine with it.

^^^would be lording it big time if his side won

The Scottish Cup is miles better than the league. 

1 minute ago, Silvio said:

It gets boring after a while. Cups are where it's at.  When did you last hear st Mirren fans singing like that at a game? 

Precisely. Because being in the top league enables us to develop a squad capable of winning cups occasionally. 

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aberdeen have done hardly anything and are winning this at an absolute canter.

People say there's not much difference between the divisions...

2nd placed team in the top tier vs 1st placed in a shite Championship?

kvKXd.gif

Why do you need to?  Genuine question.

Obviously, you want your club playing at a decent level, but this business of league taking precedence is just Sky Sports propaganda that people have started swallowing.

Aberdeen have done hardly anything and are winning this at an absolute canter.
People say there's not much difference between the divisions...

Quality wise it's the worst Championship in a good few years.

Archived