Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

On 15/01/2018 at 11:23, shull said:

Come on Menzel. 

This is the Matchday Thread. 

Give us all your thoughts on the Tie. 

Your 2 posts already may be true but irrelevant. 

Give us your wisdom. 

Those posts were ages ago. 

Regardless I think it could be a good tie and that we'll be able to put ourselves in the hat for the next round. St Mirren look better than they have done in recent years so expect there'll be a decent fight from them, but our record at home is good in this fixture and we should have enough. I'll go for a 2-1 with St Mirren getting one back at the end for a grandstand finish - a couple of goals from midfield.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

It’s a generic, soulless, legoland box unfortunately.

Feels weird saying this, but I've actually grown to really like our new stadium. :wub:

Perfect size, 4 stands & we've painted it all black and white.. Actually managed to create an atmosphere in it this season. Feels more like home when you're winning games in it tbf.

Tedious stripey monochrome b*****ds.

I'd really rather not see this fixture and the associated excruciating bantz on show here make a regular return to my weekend.

If this is what's on offer, and the unthinkably boring happens, I think some radical league restructuring would be in order.

Up yours cunto x

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

This has got 3-0 Aberdeen written all over it.

I think if Aberdeen play as we know they can then there's every chance that could happen.

If they allow their standards to drop, and Saints are bang on it, then we can run them close IMO.

Whether that's close enough to actually beat them I'm not so sure, but I'd happily take a replay.

1 minute ago, Div said:

I think if Aberdeen play as we know they can then there's every chance that could happen.

If they allow their standards to drop, and Saints are bang on it, then we can run them close IMO.

Whether that's close enough to actually beat them I'm not so sure, but I'd happily take a replay.

I hope you win to be honest. Partly to get rid of one of the stronger teams in the tournament, and partly because if we manage to scrape through against Albion Rovers, and were drawn against the winner, I'd prefer to see us play someone other than a team we've played 96 times over the past 4 years.  Dons fans will feel the same way I'm sure.

But I think these matches featuring a high flying championship club and an established premier league side often end up a bit of a rude awakening for the team from the league below.  

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

I hope you win to be honest. Partly to get rid of one of the stronger teams in the tournament, and partly because if we manage to scrape through against Albion Rovers, and were drawn against the winner, I'd prefer to see us play someone other than a team we've played 96 times over the past 4 years.  Dons fans will feel the same way I'm sure.

But I think these matches featuring a high flying championship club and an established premier league side often end up a bit of a rude awakening for the team from the league below.  

Yip, all fair comment. When you are winning most weeks you do sometimes get carried away and go all billy big baws.

It's live on the telly and first game after the break so expect there will be a bit more interest in it than usual, just hope we do ourselves justice as we have been playing some nice stuff recently.

Of course to do that we actually need to get the ball :lol:

There is not a bigger game than the Scottish Cup Final. 
Saturday is a first team competitive match and equally as important as a League match. 
Not just a distraction and free hit. 
If we get knocked out, I will be very disappointed. 
COYS 
I mean a free hit as we can go for it, all guns blazing

Guest Bob Mahelp

One of toughest ties you can get, against the team top of the league below. They're full of confidence and go into the tie with nothing to lose.

One thing in our favour is that Saints are top of the weakest, shitiest Championship for years. Maybe ever. 

Whereas in previous years you saw a team at the top of the Championship/1st division that could hold its own in the top league, what I see is a Saints side that'll be fighting against relegation from the off next season. 

It'll be tough for us, but if we get a goal in front early doors I can see a 3-0 Dons win.

Difficult to call this one, as we haven’t played for a few weeks. We should have enough, but you never know, we still find ways to self destruct.

I fucking love this round of the cup though and cannot wait.

Whatever happens this weekend, I’m looking forward to the Buddies coming up next season, never been to the 2021 stadium (although I hope to f**k we’re not there for a replay this month).

2-1 Dandies, Christie & Stewart.
We're not guaranteed to come up. At least not yet. Everything looks rosy just now and there's a real feel good factor at the club just now but being a Saints fan for many, many years, I always fear there's a boot in the balls just around the corner

9 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:
5 hours ago, shull said:
There is not a bigger game than the Scottish Cup Final. 
Saturday is a first team competitive match and equally as important as a League match. 
Not just a distraction and free hit. 
If we get knocked out, I will be very disappointed. 
COYS 

I mean a free hit as we can go for it, all guns blazing

Hope we do.

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Tedious stripey monochrome b*****ds.

I'd really rather not see this fixture and the associated excruciating bantz on show here make a regular return to my weekend.

If this is what's on offer, and the unthinkably boring happens, I think some radical league restructuring would be in order.

Like in 99-00 when you cūnts finished bottom? Or is that not talked about north of Dundee anymore?

Come to think of it, Stuart fucking milne voting against the change of voting rights, the bloated egos of the fans that are still living on the glories of mid 1980's and that fucking über clown Wullie Miller.  I forgot how utterly humdrum and dreary Aberdeen are.  

This is a win/win for us.  Were just a diddy team from a lower league.  If we lose, it means we can concentrate on finishing above Dundee Utd.  If we draw then it'll be extra revenue for the club and if we win, the Dandy Dons seeth will power the Scottish national grid till Monday morning. 

Kenfitahmean? 

Archived