Albion Rovers vs St Johnstone

jamamafegan

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Widge said:

So I’m assuming that means our game against Hamilton on the Wednesday is now off? Why are we playing it the Monday and not then?

Yeah game against Accies is now cancelled 

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
1 hour ago, Widge said:
So I’m assuming that means our game against Hamilton on the Wednesday is now off? Why are we playing it the Monday and not then?

If it goes to a replay that will be on the wednesday.

Indeed.

They could have played the Cup game on Tuesday 30th, but any replay would still be Wednesday 31st.  I don't know if there's been a recent precedent for clubs risking the Tuesday with the prospect of a replay being the following day. Paging @HibeeJibee...!

Ahh I see, never even thought about a replay. No disrespect to Albion meant, things like that always slip my mind when it comes to it. I still think there must have been a better way to go about this though. What’s the rules if it’s postponed for a third time?

Just now, Widge said:

Ahh I see, never even thought about a replay. No disrespect to Albion meant, things like that always slip my mind when it comes to it. I still think there must have been a better way to go about this though. What’s the rules if it’s postponed for a third time?

Wednesday 31st. Then the following Monday-Wednesday. Then 5th round day. Then, I think, back to Monday-Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

There have been on paper but it hasn't actually happened, i.e. didn't go to reply.

Thanks; I was thinking more of the risk rather than it actually being put into practice.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Wednesday 31st. Then the following Monday-Wednesday. Then 5th round day. Then, I think, back to Monday-Wednesday. 

That's correct... although if it ended-up a replay, most probably the clubs would agree Tuesday-Wednesdays attempts IMO (not Mondays), to leave 2 clear days after Saturday league games.

There was a tie a few years ago that went right into Christmas & New Year, out the other side, and was either played on the next round date or even slightly after... Threave-someone, IIRC.

56 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Do Rovers have 2 games before next Monday? 

Nope. Just Stranraer at home on Saturday... which should churn the pitch up nicely for Monday :)

56 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Are they stalling to have their players  back?  

Nope. We'd rather have them for league games; we'll lose to St Johnstone, regardless of whether we have a full squad or not

13 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Nope. Just Stranraer at home on Saturday... which should churn the pitch up nicely for Monday :)

Nope. We'd rather have them for league games; we'll lose to St Johnstone, regardless of whether we have a full squad or not

You never know what could happen in the cup game, if it ever gets played. I'm fairly confident that saints will win, but then again I'm fairly confident against whoever we play. 

The pitch being like a ploughed field will suit us as our players often like to play knee height hard passes to each other.  Usually confuses the f**k out of the opposition when we somehow manage to bounce the ball off bodies then into the box.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Indeed.

They could have played the Cup game on Tuesday 30th, but any replay would still be Wednesday 31st.  I don't know if there's been a recent precedent for clubs risking the Tuesday with the prospect of a replay being the following day. Paging @HibeeJibee...!

Not very recent, but we had a cup game in 1996 against Montrose which was finally played on Tuesday 13th February. It ended 1-1 and the replay at Links Park was the following day. Montrose won 3-2 and our keeper was sent off. Had we won we wouldn't have been able to sign a replacement keeper for the following round on Saturday 17th February (which was away to St. Johnstone).

Archived