Albion Rovers vs St Johnstone

jamamafegan

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
950 tickets for saints
How many season ticket holders do we have? I'll be absolutely gutted to miss this but it's looking likely, can't see there being many, if any, tickets for general sale.

How many season ticket holders do we have? I'll be absolutely gutted to miss this but it's looking likely, can't see there being many, if any, tickets for general sale.

Erm not sure about seasons sorry but I'd imagine anything between 1600 and 1900 going on previous years.

Erm not sure about seasons sorry but I'd imagine anything between 1600 and 1900 going on previous years.
So it's unlikely to be a general sale you'd have thought, even accounting for the fans who have a ticket but can't make away games.

Trying to get a home ticket seems the best bet, not convinced I'm the best at mingling with opposition fans though.

Is big Owens bar still there, great bar with super service 
It became all pine and panini about 15 years ago but still serves a decent Guinness. If you want live beer you'll need to go to Wetherspoons ( The Vulcan )which used to be Jim Brogan's pub and is less than 10 minutes straight west of the ground, or St. Andrew's Bar on Sunnyside Road, 20 minutes walk away and also used by some Rovers regulars.

2 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:
On 31/12/2017 at 07:32, tree house tam said:
How many tickets are Saints getting? The club just say it's a "limited number". With season ticket holders able to buy first does this mean there's likely to be no public sale? Is the home end all ticket?

Home end also all ticket.

Will you boys sell out before the public sale for Saints?

Would obviously rather an away end ticket but needs must.

Just now, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:
2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:
Will you boys sell out before the public sale for Saints?
Would obviously rather an away end ticket but needs must.

The tickets hadn't sold out last week. If the Airdrie game goes ahead today, I'll check.

Cheers. Saints should sell out their allocation quite easily, especially if they make some signings beforehand.

1 hour ago, Super_J said:

Any updates from ITK saintees as to likelihood of no public sale?

Read on twitter earlier that we've not even sold half our allocation yet. Suspect a public sale is likely.

Our form has been very indifferent this season, to the point where we might well fail to turn up and be on the end of a shock. Hopefully not, but if I was a neutral I think I'd be looking at this tie for a wee bet on Rovers, depending on how good the odds are, especially when we won't have played for 3 weeks.  Though to be fair, we have been far better away from home than at McDiarmid this season.

We do have a good record against lower league teams; I think Queen of the South (2014-15) is our only defeat to a lower league side in the Scottish Cup since Falkirk in the Quarter finals in 1998.

We have, however, lost our last 5 Cup matches on the bounce;

2017-18 League Cup;  Partick Thistle (H) 0-3

2017-18 Europa League Qualifiers;  FK Trakai    (H) 0-1 and (A) 1-2

2016-17 Scottish Cup;  Partick Thistle (H) 0-1

2016-17 League Cup;  Aberdeen (A) 0-1

Is this a club record for consecutive Cup defeats?

After the past 4-5 years of Partick Thistle, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Rangers a couple of times each in either Cup competition, an away day at Coatbridge is a tremendous prospect!!

Suspect we'll have at least matched that run of defeats when the League Cup was sectional. Here's one for you though: Between 1955 and 1981, Saints won only 1 of 24 away ties in the Scottish Cup!

Struggling to think of a comparable shock if Saints exit the competition next week. A simple 4-4-2, do the basics properly and we'll progress. Football is never that basic though...

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

We have, however, lost our last 5 Cup matches on the bounce;

2017-18 League Cup;  Partick Thistle (H) 0-3

2017-18 Europa League Qualifiers;  FK Trakai    (H) 0-1 and (A) 1-2

2016-17 Scottish Cup;  Partick Thistle (H) 0-1

2016-17 League Cup;  Aberdeen (A) 0-1

Is this a club record for consecutive Cup defeats?

After the past 4-5 years of Partick Thistle, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Rangers a couple of times each in either Cup competition, an away day at Coatbridge is a tremendous prospect!!

Tbf to Saints all those teams are significantly better than Albion Rovers.

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Tbf to Saints all those teams are significantly better than Albion Rovers.

Except Trakai, who are the equivalent of Cowdenbeath,

Quite gutted I'm missing this. Love an away match to teams in different divisions in the cup and I wont get to see our New Hope's debut.

Archived