Albion Rovers vs St Johnstone

jamamafegan

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the news Muzz is available my revised team is,

Mannus

Kerr.                         Gordon.               Shaugnessy

Comrie                                                                                                  Craig

Davidson

Wotherspoon                         Scougall.                                O'Reilly

Kane.                                          Docherty 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you not listed twelve players there, Tam? 

Aye. Wasn't sure about playing Kane or Docherty, went to delete Docherty and it all went to f**k and posted it, format has went weird too. Not even going to edit that shambles.

Let's hope Tommy has better luck tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Aye. Wasn't sure about playing Kane or Docherty, went to delete Docherty and it all went to f**k and posted it, format has went weird too. Not even going to edit that shambles.

Let's hope Tommy has better luck tomorrow night.

It'll be Kane for sure, can't leave him out after yesterday

As angry as the manager was, will it make him any less predictable? With 5/6 changes, this is the team I expect to see tomorrow, depending on Clark's injury:

Clark/Mannus

Watson - Shaughnessy - Kerr - Comrie

Alston - Paton - Davidson - Wotherspoon

Johnstone - Kane

Subbies: Mannus/Hurst, Anderson, Gordon, Craig, McClean, Scougall/Millar, MacLean.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

As angry as the manager was, will it make him any less predictable? With 5/6 changes, this is the team I expect to see tomorrow, depending on Clark's injury:

Clark/Mannus

Johnstone - Kane

Subbies: Mannus/Hurst, Anderson, Gordon, Craig, McClean, Scougall/Millar, MacLean.

If that is the team that he plays then he deserves everything that comes his way if they lose.

5 hours ago, Radford said:

Clark/Mannus

Johnstone - Kane

It's disheartening that you're likely to be bang on. The midfield options we have are frighteningly shite. 

So we've got 9 players either definitely out or doubtful after Saturday's clusterfuck of a day.

Clark, Foster, Shaughnessy, Tanser, Easton, Wotherspoon, Scougall, McMillan and Hendry with a variety of issues all in danger of not making the match. 

So we could be looking at;

Mannus

Watson Gordon Kerr/Anderson Comrie

Alston Paton Davidson Craig

Johnstone Kane

Unless we manage to get the signing George Williams over the line before the game tonight, we're really short of options wide. A huge chance for Rovers in this IMO.

Could be an opportunity for some of the promising players in our development squad to step up and at least make the bench.

That midfield isn't the most creative, but they are all competent players and should easily be good enough to win the midfield battle, and given the likely state of the pitch that might be a big part of tonight's game.  I'd be less enthusiastic if it was a league game.

With 9 first team players out I'd say that's a more than reasonable midfield and forward line for this cup tie.  Nothing too exciting or spectacular, but certainly capable.  The defence is a bit of an unknown with young players who haven't all played first team together, though Gordon and Kerr was our centre back pairing at Development League level a couple of seasons ago, and I think Comrie was part of that group as well so not unfamiliar with each other.

The dastardly @Kyle trying to get Saints thrown out of the competition. No players signed after the initial date for the tie are eligible. Saints will also need to be wary of when Mark Hurst's loan ended officially if they want him on the bench.

Think Rovers have a couple of new signings that can't play too?

10 minutes ago, Radford said:

The dastardly @Kyle trying to get Saints thrown out of the competition. No players signed after the initial date for the tie are eligible. Saints will also need to be wary of when Mark Hurst's loan ended officially if they want him on the bench.

Think Rovers have a couple of new signings that can't play too?

Oh for goodness sake. Does that make Watson ineligible? I can't remember when his loan at Hartlepool ended.

Archived