Scottish Cup Weekend

joe 90

The only pair of tits on here are you and that "ref".   It was the only game in the UK called off for a frozen pitch and if that patch of ground was typical of the reason it was called off (on Friday morning)any person with a glimmer of common sense would have checked the temperature forecast (12 degrees centigrade for the next 24 hours)  and would have instantly realised that park would be playable today without a shadow of a doubt.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Aye the pitch prob was playable today ya fucking roaster. But it wasnt yesterday at 1pm when medda asked for inspection. Bore off emoji23.pngemoji23.png. What are you 5. Great response from an adult. Kenny the walloper

Ooooo hahahahah

The only pair of tits on here are you and that "ref".   It was the only game in the UK called off for a frozen pitch and if that patch of ground was typical of the reason it was called off (on Friday morning)any person with a glimmer of common sense would have checked the temperature forecast (12 degrees centigrade for the next 24 hours)  and would have instantly realised that park would be playable today without a shadow of a doubt.

Then the fucking medda shouldn’t of asked for inspection the day before eh. Stooopit

A pitch inspection on Saturday morning was too late, bus would be on the way and game called off. 

Scottish Cup gotta love it, now 5 weeks for both teams with no income.

Dyce were offered £900 to switch the tie weeks ago but chose no to as is their right.

Will probably lose home advantage now anyway.

Clubs in West Region had to request a fixture on 23 and 30 December as far back as September.

The only Clubs that requested a fixture were Super Premier. 

Johnstone Burgh were kicked out competition today as they couldnt raise a team. As far back as September they didnt want a fixture, players unavailable etc.

How is this fair?  The Scottish Cup, not for the first time, has a significant negative impact on a number of teams, no Income for 6 weeks, exacerbated by midweek fixtures replacing Saturday fixtures.

For me, the Scottish Cup should not be played Nov, Dec,Jan. This competition is over riding everything to the detriment of the survival of all Junior Clubs.

6 hours ago, the rambler said:

A pitch inspection on Saturday morning was too late, bus would be on the way and game called off. 

Scottish Cup gotta love it, now 5 weeks for both teams with no income.

Dyce were offered £900 to switch the tie weeks ago but chose no to as is their right.

Will probably lose home advantage now anyway.

Clubs in West Region had to request a fixture on 23 and 30 December as far back as September.

The only Clubs that requested a fixture were Super Premier. 

Johnstone Burgh were kicked out competition today as they couldnt raise a team. As far back as September they didnt want a fixture, players unavailable etc.

How is this fair?  The Scottish Cup, not for the first time, has a significant negative impact on a number of teams, no Income for 6 weeks, exacerbated by midweek fixtures replacing Saturday fixtures.

For me, the Scottish Cup should not be played Nov, Dec,Jan. This competition is over riding everything to the detriment of the survival of all Junior Clubs.

it's a shame that they've been booted out but you could equally argue that this rule wasn't just made up a few days ago. they've taken a risk by releasing so many players and it's failed. 

if i was a Johnstone Burgh fan i'd be less than chuffed at my club's role in their own downfall here.  

Looks like they should have expected it though because it happened. This isn't the first cold snap we've had in December and the rules are pretty clear. 

As I said, it's a bad state of affairs but JB aren't blameless and I doubt a Talbot, Pollok or Linlithgow wouldn't have left it to chance in the same way. 

18 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Looks like they should have expected it though because it happened. This isn't the first cold snap we've had in December and the rules are pretty clear. 

As I said, it's a bad state of affairs but JB aren't blameless and I doubt a Talbot, Pollok or Linlithgow wouldn't have left it to chance in the same way. 

if rules state as they have, then there is little a team can do about it, but I am not sure it is right.

Musselburgh just had enough players to fulfil yesterday’s cup tie away to Hurlford. How often do five weeks go by it’s so many postponements that 15 or so Cup ties still have to be paid. Vast majority of teams were under impression that 23 and 30 December would not involve competitive matches. As it is festive period, is it not natural that players will make other commitments with just 2 days before Christmas or New Year.

We aren’t all like Talbot, Pollok or Linlithgow (teams you mention), by having larger squads to rely on for such events as Johnstone experienced yesterday.

Yesterday they were penalised by authorities for not fulfilling fixture. Stupid rule means, they are banned from next season’s Junior cup as well.

By what we read elsewhere in these pages, the West Region teams are up in arms as impending fixture lists not available, yet this was a commitment / rule (?) agreed upon. Nothing happens here but They are happy for Johnstone to be penalised. It isn’t like for like, but I just don’t agree with the ruling against Johnstone.

Just now, Casey Jones said:

if rules state as they have, then there is little a team can do about it, but I am not sure it is right.

Musselburgh just had enough players to fulfil yesterday’s cup tie away to Hurlford. How often do five weeks go by it’s so many postponements that 15 or so Cup ties still have to be paid. Vast majority of teams were under impression that 23 and 30 December would not involve competitive matches. As it is festive period, is it not natural that players will make other commitments with just 2 days before Christmas or New Year.

We aren’t all like Talbot, Pollok or Linlithgow (teams you mention), by having larger squads to rely on for such events as Johnstone experienced yesterday.

Yesterday they were penalised by authorities for not fulfilling fixture. Stupid rule means, they are banned from next season’s Junior cup as well.

By what we read elsewhere in these pages, the West Region teams are up in arms as impending fixture lists not available, yet this was a commitment / rule (?) agreed upon. Nothing happens here but They are happy for Johnstone to be penalised. It isn’t like for like, but I just don’t agree with the ruling against Johnstone.

I completely agree it's a dreadful rule for the reasons you stated, but as I say there was always a chance of it coming into play. It's the Scottish winter and postponements aren't unprecedented.

It's the price you pay for having 4 separate governing bodies overseeing this level of football. Each making their own decisions and with little or no read across to the others. 

The 23rd and 30th should have been full calendars to start with across the board. We've gone completely soft if that's seen as too close to Christmas. Nobody should be assuming anything if there's a competition which you could be asked to play in and the body running that competition hasn't excluded those dates. 

Of course you could actually get all parties together and agree what is happening but that seems to be a bridge too far. 

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:31, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Dyce didn’t call the game off emoji23.png. The ref did. So are you saying dyce gave the ref a bung to get a game off emoji85.png. Oh my. I don’t particularly give a f**k if it was on or off. But the park was not playable yesterday when they inspected it. The ref is on this forum but unfortunately he can’t comment. He says your a tit though emoji85.png.

how is this game not scheduled for the 30th.or is it not on the ersjfa site ?

scratch that.found it.

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:52, Hillonearth said:

Always thought that might be the one that didn't make it out of them all - we played there a few years ago and it's at the start of open countryside right next to a river.

The NE of the country has had a helluva lot of snow over the last few weeks, whereas in the central belt it's mostly just been frost - they'll have to contend with that melting, so it won't be as simple as just waiting for the ground to thaw.

Most everything else has been off the last few weekends so it hasn't stood out as being out of the ordinary up until now - if it remains the only tie outstanding I can see it ending up being played at some 3G surface sooner rather than later...the likes of Banks O'Dee would be ideal.

It has started snowing again up here today (Wednesday) and is supposed to keep falling well into Thursday. Then temperatures are due to go minus right through until Saturday morning, when it's forecast to be a rainy day. I wouldn't put money on Ian Mair Park being playable, especially with the early notification Medda need.

Meanwhile, Banks o' Dee were initially given a Home fixture (vs Inverness City) for Saturday 30th, then that disappeared off the North Region's website so the Spain Park plastic ought to be available.

So come on Dyce, join the dots... 

The Cumbernauld United v Newtongrange Star replay attracts me, but with temperatures minus already and due to go as low as minus 7 on Thursday night and not be +ive until the afternoon of Saturday, when it's forecast to be sleeting, I doubt Guy's Meadow will make it either...

The Cumbernauld United v Newtongrange Star replay attracts me, but with temperatures minus already and due to go as low as minus 7 on Thursday night and not be +ive until the afternoon of Saturday, when it's forecast to be sleeting, I doubt Guy's Meadow will make it either...

There’s 2 inches of snow on our park just now and with sub zero temperatures forecast for the rest of the week I doubt very much if we’ll see any football anywhere in the central belt this weekend

Archived