Annan Athletic vs Clyde

I realise that this may be regarded as a very early post, but I am keen to gather support for this always enjoyable fixture. ( results excluded).

Having got my advance ticket purchase wrong, I'm up on Friday as well as Saturday. Enough of the guff! Big game. Result important. Annan guys, how do you think it might go? We are riding on a Danny Lennon trip to ,well, wherever! Should be a few of your ex favourites on show. Want to take them back?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've beaten Annan twice this season already. Incredibly. No doubt Murphy has done a half decent job after the exodus last summer but I still don't think they or Berwick are particularly safe.

If we lose (or draw) this, then it's a case of avoiding the bottom spot and building for next season. Particularly as at least two of the play-off sides will drop points this weekend. A win on Saturday, then 4 points from Montrose/Peterhead, and we'd give ourselves a slim chance. I don't see it myself.

Nothing would give us greater pleasure than beating Clyde on Saturday!

Your most successful manager ever was hounded out the door at us after a couple of months for being a complete imposter.

Your club is founded on celebrating mediocrity.

Beating us on Saturday would be another mediocre achievement for you to celebrate.

Well done!

Clyde are without a doubt the most disliked club in this division and of course we would be, we have a much bigger support, create a great atmosphere wherever we go, a great history and traditional club.. teams are going to be jealous of us. Waiting for all the usual replies about us thinkin we are a big club but we aren’t.  deep down they know.

Clyde are a breath of fresh air to this league and the only real football team here, we will be missed when we go up

Big game especially with Cowdenbeath playing Edinburgh. 

I dare say Annan have improved since the two games earlier in the year, which may have masked some of the problems we had in the team. 

A win would be a very welcome 3 points and hopefully the start of an upturn in fortunes. 

Wouldn't say I'm particularly confident, although under Chapman we would have had no chance. The return of Munro is massive for us and we all know  Goodwillie will either score or assist in a goal but we need the continued recent improvements to become the norm at least Lennon can in some way get some of his own players in, easier said than done of course.

Still a huge job for the new manager to do and I think it's going to be several weeks before we see a real Danny Lennon / Alan Moore team on the park. Would be great to see at least a bit of quality in midfield or someone to give David Goodwillie a bit of support pretty soon that would be a start.

As  Pidmoondo alluded to on another thread, the season for  us has  been pretty boring.BUT the little thief Chapman stole a good %  of our team so as effifeyahoorsir also said -  no nice to watch but  Murphy quietly goin about his business stealing points with a  squad he is getting the most out  of.In contrast Clyde have a gifted striker like Goodwillie and still sit  below us in the league ! Danny  Lennon should improve them let's hope not before Sat.

Yer income  to the club is welcome  but chuck the pyro's  away - they're old hat and pure  vandalism thrown on to the pitch.Just enjoy your day.

Archived