Ur Next v Ayr United

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Crane got booked for throwing the ball to where the throw-in should be taken. 5 minutes later an Ayr player kicks the ball 20 yards up the field and he doesnt care. 

He got booked for a combination of a non-bookable foul, mouthing off at the assistant and gesturing at the away fans.  Doesn't like gestures returned it seems though.  

Just finished the highlights and definitely feel like it doesn't really tell the story of the game. We had lots of possession in dangerous positions but couldn't deliver the final ball so it doesn't get included. Ayr are much more direct and get shots off. Although can't tell if that was the plan to sit in with one goal and then break as we weren't exactly threatening.

Think on balance of the game the draw would have been fair.

Shame Flanny never took the final free-kick. Almost identical to the free kick when we won 6-1 against Brechin.

Just finished the highlights and definitely feel like it doesn't really tell the story of the game. We had lots of possession in dangerous positions but couldn't deliver the final ball so it doesn't get included. Ayr are much more direct and get shots off. Although can't tell if that was the plan to sit in with one goal and then break as we weren't exactly threatening.
Think on balance of the game the draw would have been fair.
Shame Flanny never took the final free-kick. Almost identical to the free kick when we won 6-1 against Brechin.

This season we’re far better away from home because we can sit in and break on teams with speed. It’s harder to do this at home because fans inevitably get impatient and want us to dominate possession for 90 mins.

Fantastic win after losing 2 of our best players within 15 mins. Defence gets a lot of stick on here but the fact we didnt concede from open play with both first choice full backs missing plus a midfield of McDaid Moffat Doc and McGuffie is worth so much credit to Higgins and Rose IMO

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Fantastic win after losing 2 of our best players within 15 mins. Defence gets a lot of stick on here but the fact we didnt concede from open play with both first choice full backs missing plus a midfield of McDaid Moffat Doc and McGuffie is worth so much credit to Higgins and Rose IMO

I thought Higgins was different class today (yesterday). Great performance.

An observation rather than a criticism, the Alloa guy should ask Wuffster for some tips as the quality of Wuffsters highlights package is far superior.

Only the fourth game I've made it to this season and only one hasn't had an injury time goal to change things. Arbroath at home in the cup (lost on pens), our two late goals to turn it around against Forfar and I was in the hospitality for the East Fife game (the only one I'd seen in our 5 wins on the spin).

That's now 3 last gasp goals against the top two teams, costing us 5 points! Makes quite a difference in a league with such fine margins and similar ability teams...yes that includes you Ayr lot! :P

Agree with the comments earlier regarding the late free kick, Flannigan should take ALL of those! Really thought from behind the goals that Cawley's effort was going to creep in but what seems in typical fashion a very near 3 points soon turned into 0. From the Ayr highlights Cawley's effort was right in line with their camera and it was never going in but we really should've been behind further before our equaliser anyway, the effort which came back off the bar for Ayr leaving that guy with an open goal but I'm assuming nothing is being made of that since the three points are in the bag. Might've been the same guy that squared up to Renton (definite booking) for a millisecond before realising he was only half his size and cowered away quietly. ;)

Surely the Ayr supporters want more opposition players to be like our number 3 (Crane). It's those type of players that get your backs up, make you shout for your team more and generally get you more involved with the game. When Hartley took abuse from the Alloa support when we played Aberdeen in the cup, they got a penalty...he scored it...then celebrated in front of us with a 'shoosh'. Took pelters during the game but was at least respected for 'joining in' I guess. Ten months later he was our manager :lol:

Must admit that even though it was gutting to lose so late on, I was actually quite impressed with our performance yesterday (more so the first half) and we never gave up in the second even when it looked like things just weren't going to happen for us and I'm a lot more optimistic about the rest of our season than I would have been had I missed the game I reckon. 11 points is far too many already to catch up, especially with two full time teams above us but I'd be more than happy knocking Ayr out in the play-off semi-finals before relegating Hartley's Bairns in the final. 

Oh , nearly forgot. Bunch of Brian Reid loving, David Crawford loving, John Hillcoat hating, jealous of Scott Walker and Allan Maitland manky Lochside c*nts! Mon the Killie!!

Suppose Cook must have fancied it if he grabbed the ball and that's sometimes a good sign  (I remember Flanny saying in the press he took the ball from Spence for the late winner against Hibs a few years back), but that was a poor free kick. Flanny should be taking those. Jim got some praise for his handling of Adam Martin this season but I'm not convinced by it in recent weeks. Martin was looking very dangerous off the bench but has been reduced to a couple of minutes at the end or not getting on at all. The team has been playing well - but a guy who is clearly low of form and confidence has been coming on ahead of Martin. 

Looks like a pretty decent Alloa performance in general though so credit to the manager for that. Parry will probably feel he should have stopped the winner I think. 

Scenes at the end. This great rivalry clearly means more to Ayr than Alloa in this era. 

Only the fourth game I've made it to this season and only one hasn't had an injury time goal to change things. Arbroath at home in the cup (lost on pens), our two late goals to turn it around against Forfar and I was in the hospitality for the East Fife game (the only one I'd seen in our 5 wins on the spin).
That's now 3 last gasp goals against the top two teams, costing us 5 points! Makes quite a difference in a league with such fine margins and similar ability teams...yes that includes you Ayr lot! [emoji14]
Agree with the comments earlier regarding the late free kick, Flannigan should take ALL of those! Really thought from behind the goals that Cawley's effort was going to creep in but what seems in typical fashion a very near 3 points soon turned into 0. From the Ayr highlights Cawley's effort was right in line with their camera and it was never going in but we really should've been behind further before our equaliser anyway, the effort which came back off the bar for Ayr leaving that guy with an open goal but I'm assuming nothing is being made of that since the three points are in the bag. Might've been the same guy that squared up to Renton (definite booking) for a millisecond before realising he was only half his size and cowered away quietly. [emoji6]
Surely the Ayr supporters want more opposition players to be like our number 3 (Crane). It's those type of players that get your backs up, make you shout for your team more and generally get you more involved with the game. When Hartley took abuse from the Alloa support when we played Aberdeen in the cup, they got a penalty...he scored it...then celebrated in front of us with a 'shoosh'. Took pelters during the game but was at least respected for 'joining in' I guess. Ten months later he was our manager :lol:
Must admit that even though it was gutting to lose so late on, I was actually quite impressed with our performance yesterday (more so the first half) and we never gave up in the second even when it looked like things just weren't going to happen for us and I'm a lot more optimistic about the rest of our season than I would have been had I missed the game I reckon. 11 points is far too many already to catch up, especially with two full time teams above us but I'd be more than happy knocking Ayr out in the play-off semi-finals before relegating Hartley's Bairns in the final. 

Oh , nearly forgot. Bunch of Brian Reid loving, David Crawford loving, John Hillcoat hating, jealous of Scott Walker and Allan Maitland manky Lochside c*nts! Mon the Killie!!

Similar ability teams? We're not even half way through the season and we're already 11 points ahead of the mighty wasps. As I've said from day one there will be a gap of 20 points between 2nd and third by the end of the season. Oh and those positions will not be either of our teams!

An observation rather than a criticism, the Alloa guy should ask Wuffster for some tips as the quality of Wuffsters highlights package is far superior.

Palliative care, video production, supermarket management. You're wasted driving taxis.

Hilarious observation at the end on why Ayr players, including these 2 can’t win with the fans. It’s the dying moments and Hart has the ball. Plays it short to Fergusson who plays it across the back to Rose. Fans are screaming to launch it up the park, Rose considers his options before doing just that. The minute the ball leaves his foot, someone screams to keep it on the deck :lol:

All in the build up to Moore’s goal.

He got booked for a combination of a non-bookable foul, mouthing off at the assistant and gesturing at the away fans.  Doesn't like gestures returned it seems though.  

You don't get booked for 'combinations', m8. You've made your own law up there.

Archived