War of the Roses

A.M

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance. We are miles better than last season. Just remember Jack Beaumont, Mark Williams, the 2 Donaldsons, Coogans etc

Didn’t say we weren’t. Yesterday was as bad as anything last season though and far below the form we had shown up till then.

Wow......!!!!

Yesterday was a great watch between two top teams .

Easily worst game this season. Hardly 3 passes from either team. Worrying if u thought that was ‘great’ and puts your previous posts into perspective.

42 minutes ago, Skipper said:

We won 2-0 there last season 

I was referring to a whole season rather than a single game - gives you a bit more to work on. This season we are top of the league, we took until April last season to amass a similar number of points as we have now, we are losing less and less stupid goals and winning games that last season we would have lost or at best sneaked a point.

But if you don't think that's worse than last season I am sure you can explain it!! 

I was referring to a whole season rather than a single game - gives you a bit more to work on. This season we are top of the league, we took until April last season to amass a similar number of points as we have now, we are losing less and less stupid goals and winning games that last season we would have lost or at best sneaked a point.

But if you don't think that's worse than last season I am sure you can explain it!! 

I dont think you read my post [emoji50] Was only referring to yesterday. Happen to agree we have been good this season, improving in all departments. Nobody will ever convince me that yesterday was not rank rotten though and well below recent standards.

Ok let's clear a few things up.

Are we better than last year - YES
Are we the finished article - NO not by a long way
Was yesterday our best performance of this season - NO
Was it at the same level we have played at this season - NO
Did we need to dig in yesterday and fight for the result - YES
Did I think we were ever in danger - NO
As a Rose fan are we happier than this time last year - YES - I am
Did the lithgae players surrounded the ref seeking bookings - from the highlights I'd say on two occasions where the Bonnyrigg tackles were both late and crude!
Did Bonnyrigg kick the nearest lithgae player when they lost the ball - YES

From watching the highlights I didn't see #4 going nose to nose with the ref unless Imissed it but maybe DB can confirm when he comes on to admit he was wrong.

HTG

15 hours ago, Specky said:

Ok let's clear a few things up.

Are we better than last year - YES
Are we the finished article - NO not by a long way
Was yesterday our best performance of this season - NO
Was it at the same level we have played at this season - NO
Did we need to dig in yesterday and fight for the result - YES
Did I think we were ever in danger - NO
As a Rose fan are we happier than this time last year - YES - I am
Did the lithgae players surrounded the ref seeking bookings - from the highlights I'd say on two occasions where the Bonnyrigg tackles were both late and crude!
Did Bonnyrigg kick the nearest lithgae player when they lost the ball - YES

From watching the highlights I didn't see #4 going nose to nose with the ref unless Imissed it but maybe DB can confirm when he comes on to admit he was wrong.

HTG

Take a look at 13 minutes in - then watch the next 15 seconds.

Ahh yes, I missed that first time. Db will be able to defend it though and point out it was the refs fault. Maybe they could also explain if #9 has a problem stopping? Just that it seemed to be a lot of him running in to lithgae players with alarming consistency to the point some may consider deliberately?

Again db or bs7 can confirm if they ever crawl back ...

5 hours ago, Specky said:

Ahh yes, I missed that first time. Db will be able to defend it though and point out it was the refs fault. Maybe they could also explain if #9 has a problem stopping? Just that it seemed to be a lot of him running in to lithgae players with alarming consistency to the point some may consider deliberately?

Again db or bs7 can confirm if they ever crawl back ...

Well, the highlights showed you definitely fought for your point. 90% of the football came from Bonnyrigg though, minutes went by without the Bonnyrigg goalkeeper being seen. He didn’t have much to do either. Good wake up call for Bonnyrigg that they will have do much better when the eye bleeding industrial football teams rock up.

Archived