War of the Roses

A.M

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the highlights and both teams done a lot of fouling though the ref could have been a bit more lenient as some of them were rather petty.

McGachies 2nd yellow and the Bonnyrigg no. 5 on Ronald were both certs. The other 8 or 9 bookings could all be argued.

Fixed that for you. Only one team trying to play football yday imo. The other played well below themselves as a shower of hatchet men. Warranted red and the straight red missed for the assault on Ronald the highlights for Bonnyrigg.

Difficult to play football when one team are hell bent on the draw....

You couldn’t have been at the game. Lithgae never had a three pass move until the 60th minute. They never tried to play until the sending off and even then it was passed among the backline.

Bonnyrigg were marginally more inclined to pass the ball first half but even then, for two of the great junior clubs to set out to hump the ball from the first second was very disappointing.

You couldn’t have been at the game. Lithgae never had a three pass move until the 60th minute. They never tried to play until the sending off and even then it was passed among the backline.

Bonnyrigg were marginally more inclined to pass the ball first half but even then, for two of the great junior clubs to set out to hump the ball from the first second was very disappointing.

Bonnyrigg are set out not to lose and sneak a goal at set pieces. They aren't very adventurous in their play.

Linlithgow have started slowly quite a lot this season and grown into games. Yesterday was no exception and as the game went on were the team getting the ball down. Playing against a defence from land of the giants encamped in their own box goals were away going to be difficult .

Despite a good point away at a tough place to go, it’s quite amusing to read the whining, delusional comments of the Linlithgow fans on here, some of whom weren’t even at the game...

With the average age of the Lithgae Rose fans being 75+ it's a strain on their pension to get out to Bonnyrigg.

Can people stop being fannies for two minutes? It makes social media bloody wearing.

Bonnyrigg were clearly the better team until the sending off. Lithgae couldn't keep the ball. I don't think it was their tactics or performance, they were outplayed and when the got hold of the ball they were prone to mistakes because they'd had so little of it.

The sending off had a bigger impact on Bonnyrigg than going down to ten men often does. It blunted their attacking force and gave Lithgae some hope for more than a draw, and it was pretty even from then on with Lithgae maybe having the better chances.

Both teams badly wanted the result and that made the game niggly, sometimes worse. The ref pulled up a few that he could have let go, but if he had, I wonder if the fouling wouldn't have got worse. I thought he did pretty well to referee a difficult match.

The game wasn't a classic but I was never bored, there was always plenty going on. Nice day for football, a good crowd, a proper Junior ground, a competitive match and a fair result. All for six quid and a few more for a pie and juice. I honestly don't know what people expect.

15 hours ago, BS7 said:

What did you think when banks of Dee did lithgae in the Scottish?

I was at that game. It was a freak result, a one in twenty match kind of result. Rose blew a lot of chances. I was really disappointed, I love the Scottish Cup runs and I was jealous as hell when Banks of Dee were playing Ayr Utd yesterday, but I know it was a classic smash-and-grab. 

17 hours ago, BS7 said:

I think the standard in the league is as poor as I’ve ever seen. Bonnyrigg need more up top, and this Linlithgow side is as poor as I’ve ever seen in the super league years.

A completely nonsense comment. Linlithgow Rose are as bad as they were last season, are they? Obviously not. 

Can people stop being fannies for two minutes? It makes social media bloody wearing.
Bonnyrigg were clearly the better team until the sending off. Lithgae couldn't keep the ball. I don't think it was their tactics or performance, they were outplayed and when the got hold of the ball they were prone to mistakes because they'd had so little of it.
The sending off had a bigger impact on Bonnyrigg than going down to ten men often does. It blunted their attacking force and gave Lithgae some hope for more than a draw, and it was pretty even from then on with Lithgae maybe having the better chances.
Both teams badly wanted the result and that made the game niggly, sometimes worse. The ref pulled up a few that he could have let go, but if he had, I wonder if the fouling wouldn't have got worse. I thought he did pretty well to referee a difficult match.
The game wasn't a classic but I was never bored, there was always plenty going on. Nice day for football, a good crowd, a proper Junior ground, a competitive match and a fair result. All for six quid and a few more for a pie and juice. I honestly don't know what people expect.

Only save I remember Hill having was from a header in first few mins. For a side who "were clearly the better team" Bonnyrigg created hee haw.

Best 2 chances in the game were Malone in the first half and Coyne's header with the last touch.

19 hours ago, db11 said:

What a lot of pish you spout.
Have a look at the highlights and you won't see bonnyrigg surrounding ref once. I think 3/4 times lithgae did this. As for kerr young squaring up to ref, what a load of crap. Look forward to apology once highlights are up.
You auld cnuts really live in a world of your own!!!

You had a look at the highlights yet old bean? Tell me again Bonnyrigg never surrounded the referee or that the number four squared up to the referee. 

Archived