War of the Roses

A.M

So a rugby tackle isn’t a booking ? and it was number 8 that got caught for the red and Roo doesn’t go down easily also your number 3 got Owen booked for his play acting and Swan dive early on and your centre forward had several fouls before he was actually booked however could have been for persistent fouling rather than the foul and was lucky not to get booked for diving trying to win a pen and was late and out of control so deservedly walked

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McGachie sent off for two yellows and never made contact with either.
Your 4 with an outrageous dive for the first yellow- I look forward to seeing the highlights tomorrow.

Bonnyrigg were guilty for leaving the boot in throughout the game. (IMO)

What about the bookings for your central defenders both last man tackles. Your number 4 going head to head with the ref.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at Bonnyrigg - a very good side - by far the best we have played this season.

You guys can play albeit you lacked a cutting edge - who didn't create many chances. We had the best chance of the game with Malones chance.

I think today showed 2 very good sides evenly matched

4 minutes ago, ASD.LRFC1889 said:

So a rugby tackle isn’t a booking ? and it was number 8 that got caught for the red and Roo doesn’t go down easily also your number 3 got Owen booked for his play acting and Swan dive early on and your centre forward had several fouls before he was actually booked however could have been for persistent fouling rather than the foul and was lucky not to get booked for diving trying to win a pen and was late and out of control so deservedly walked

A rugby tackle?? when??

Haa Haa db seems to have either been on the juice or not there as a very blinkered view. Bonnyrigg kicked EVERYTHING that went past them! Two very cynical hatchets when lithgae players breaking through and could easily have been red.

#4 sticking his head into the refs face and getting away with it was unreal and most undisciplined and crazy piece of behaviour I have seen on a football pitch for years.

Good point today and nearly snatched it at the death.

3 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Bonnyrigg were guilty for leaving the boot in throughout the game. (IMO)

What about the bookings for your central defenders both last man tackles. Your number 4 going head to head with the ref.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at Bonnyrigg - a very good side - by far the best we have played this season.

You guys can play albeit you lacked a cutting edge - who didn't create many chances. We had the best chance of the game with Malones chance.

I think today showed 2 very good sides evenly matched

Leaving the boot in ?

Is that code for Lithgae player rolls on ground poll axed??

I thought Lithgae had the last half hour to have a go at 10 man Bonnyrigg and couldn't

Made 1 have decent chance

Db, if there was a criticism of lithgae it was we were trying to walk the ball in instead of shooting more.

We tried to get the ball down and in to feet and perhaps too much pretty stuff around the box. At least it wasn't hoof forward and chase the second ball .....

#9 is worse than a cart horse and deservedly got first dibs on the hot water.

Was at this game today as a neutral. Standard for two great clubs was awful.

Linlithgow only tried to pass the ball when Bonnyrigg went down to ten men. But that was always in front of the Bonnyrigg midfield- no penetration by either team.

Thought the home side were by far the better side until the red card and the ref got very few things right- there’s nothing more frustrating than a ref who isn’t consistent. He booked players, gave free kicks and gave no foul numerous times for the same incidents. The reaction of the lithgae players ( both the ‘fouled’ player and the rest of the team) got the striker sent off. Not actually sure the ref seen either of the tackles as he was already looking down the park.

Plenty effort and commitment on show but both keepers could have kept clean sheets if they had no arms today such was the number of serious attempts on target

3 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Was at this game today as a neutral. Standard for two great clubs was awful.

Linlithgow only tried to pass the ball when Bonnyrigg went down to ten men. But that was always in front of the Bonnyrigg midfield- no penetration by either team.

Thought the home side were by far the better side until the red card and the ref got very few things right- there’s nothing more frustrating than a ref who isn’t consistent. He booked players, gave free kicks and gave no foul numerous times for the same incidents. The reaction of the lithgae players ( both the ‘fouled’ player and the rest of the team) got the striker sent off. Not actually sure the ref seen either of the tackles as he was already looking down the park.

Plenty effort and commitment on show but both keepers could have kept clean sheets if they had no arms today such was the number of serious attempts on target

Fair comment

Lithgae players surrounding the ref for a decision reminded me of those fannys from Kelty!!!

Draw was probably a fair result, neither side really created any chances (think 1 shoot on target each in the first half), ref was poor and hindered the flow of the game. Both sides equally guilty of a diving

I'd think Linlithgow will be the more disappointed of the sides not to capitalise on playing with an extra man for half an hour but to be honest both sides could still be playing now and it'd be 0-0. 

Linlithgow clearly turned the corner from last year and Bonnyrigg struggling a bit at the minute with the manager not having played the same 11 twice in a row and sorely lacking a striker. Still plenty games to go and I expect the reverse fixture to have more bearing on the destination of this years title.

Db, if there was a criticism of lithgae it was we were trying to walk the ball in instead of shooting more.

We tried to get the ball down and in to feet and perhaps too much pretty stuff around the box. At least it wasn't hoof forward and chase the second ball .....

#9 is worse than a cart horse and deservedly got first dibs on the hot water.

If there was a criticism of lithgae today it was that you actually made NO passes from your midfield into your strikers, never mind overpassed it!

Archived