Masterchef Pros

RH33

• 10 months later...
5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Catching up on first episode, Philli is delightful. Regardless of her cooking abilities, I’m a big fan.

Funny how different people strike other in different ways, I thought she was a pain in the arse.

Highlight of the evening was Monica's facial expressions when Sammy was making an absolute c**t of the tortellini.

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Highlight of the evening was Monica's facial expressions when Sammy was making an absolute c**t of the tortellini.

That was good.

I'm not sold yet on the Soccer Saturday style bit with Monica or Marcus in the other room. Bring in Kammy and it might work - 'He's missed the last pin bone on the mackerel, unbelievable Jeff!'

15 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Poor lassie got binned as she hadn't quite done her lamb right, but made an immaculate sweet. Whilst the guy that progresses' sorbet was still whirring away in a machine!

I thought Victor was a bit lucky but the judges loved everything he did plate up which probably carried him through.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

Poor lassie got binned as she hadn't quite done her lamb right, but made an immaculate sweet. Whilst the guy that progresses' sorbet was still whirring away in a machine!

“Poor lassie” that was greeting like an x-factor reject and wanting to go straight home when she arsed up the skills test, despite her casual nonchalance whilst making it?
To complete the x-factor analogy, she even threw in her heartstring tugging back story about providing meals to folks sheltering during the lockdown. 
I’ll admit I took an instant dislike to her high maintenance antics and was quite relieved that she got binned. 

Edited by Funky Nosejob

15 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

“Poor lassie” that was greeting like an x-factor reject and wanting to go straight home when she arsed up the skills test, despite her casual nonchalance whilst making it?
To complete the x-factor analogy, she even threw in her heartstring tugging back story about providing meals to folks sheltering during the lockdown. 
I’ll admit I took an instant dislike to her high maintenance persona and was quite relieved that she got binned. 

Yup.   Victor absolutely nailed the skills test, whereas the majority of contestants fall apart in it.  I think that first performance carried him through the sorbet fiasco as much as anything.  I like this programme, but I do sometimes think some of the contestants are Little Chef kitchen hands over promoted.