Masterchef Pros

RH33

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

Pastry isn't a skill many chefs have, why they apply to the programme and don't then spend a couple weeks on basics like creme pat is beyond me.

That bugs me as well. They know it's coming so there's no excuse.

Wasn't all that impressed with last night's bunch. Mistakes left, right and centre.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, RH33 said:
Pastry isn't a skill many chefs have, why they apply to the programme and don't then spend a couple weeks on basics like creme pat is beyond me.

Grace Dent covered in creme pat

FFS :lol:

On a side note Grace Dent's podcast is well worth dipping into.

49 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

That bugs me as well. They know it's coming so there's no excuse.

Wasn't all that impressed with last night's bunch. Mistakes left, right and centre.

FFS :lol:

On a side note Grace Dent's podcast is well worth dipping into.

You knew what you were doing here eh? 

@RH33 seething now

On 22/11/2021 at 21:45, The Naitch said:

Nick's had a total meltdown tonight. That running commentary during the skills test had my toes curling and I think that was the first pro chef not to finish their dishes on time.

He isn't nearly good as he thought he was. 

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

He isn't nearly good as he thought he was. 

After what was a pretty exceptional quarter final previously, that round was a step down.  Having taken three from the last group, I don’t think there’d have been any complaints if only one had gone through this time.

11 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

After what was a pretty exceptional quarter final previously, that round was a step down.  Having taken three from the last group, I don’t think there’d have been any complaints if only one had gone through this time.

The lassie made we think of Motherwell fan and his humpback story! 

I've only really started watching this in the last year or so as my other half likes it. I always wonder how much these things are edited, the kofta one seemed very hard to do in 20 minutes and so it proved with both chefs being unable to serve. 

Other half also noticed Alwyn came in with unblemished hands then halfway through the skills test had a patched up thumb so had obviously cut himself cleaning the prawns. 

15 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I've only really started watching this in the last year or so as my other half likes it. I always wonder how much these things are edited, the kofta one seemed very hard to do in 20 minutes and so it proved with both chefs being unable to serve. 

Other half also noticed Alwyn came in with unblemished hands then halfway through the skills test had a patched up thumb so had obviously cut himself cleaning the prawns. 

I thought that only giving them 20 mins was a bit harsh to start with. In the end I don’t think that was the reason they both messed it up. The first woman just left her bowl of chicken sitting about rather than getting it in the pan. They both made the portion far too big where they should have made them smaller to get it done in time.

A bit counterintuitive, but in the skills test they should be worried when it is a simple dish. Bangers and mash for instance - no excuse at all for any mistakes. If it is one of Monica's "I'd be surprised if they have even heard of this" dishes then they get a lot of leeway to muck it up.