Masterchef Pros

RH33

On 14/12/2017 at 21:58, The Naitch said:

Speaking of arseholes I thought the guy who mentored the chefs during the lunch service tonight was an absolute dick. Was on the verge of bullying Craig.

Is it not sort of a rule in a kitchen when a head chef shouts out an order that the person replies in some way to let them know that they have heard them? 

It might have been cleverly edited to make it look worse but it seemed like the guy was just completely ignoring everything he said and was concentrating on plating up. 

I thought the guy was harsh but fair. 

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

The latest series started this week.

I do enjoy the initial rounds. Seeing the chefs squirm during the skills test is always fun. Some of them come across as utterly hopeless.

That’s the best bit of the show. Watching a chef of 8 years make a c**t of an omelette. 

I think some of the skills tests are a bit unfair. The difficulty varies hugely on some tasks.

The difficulty depends on how knowledgable the chef is.

They all know what they’d signed up to so should have done a bit of research on the kind of stuff that usually comes up in the skills test. It’s not like this is the first series, it’s been on for years.

On 06/11/2019 at 21:02, Alert Mongoose said:

I think some of the skills tests are a bit unfair. The difficulty varies hugely on some tasks.

I’ve said that before. But some of them don’t even have basic butchery and fish filleting skills. 

On 06/11/2019 at 20:35, The Naitch said:

The latest series started this week.

I do enjoy the initial rounds. Seeing the chefs squirm during the skills test is always fun. Some of them come across as utterly hopeless.

The skills test is the best thing on television. Watching Marcus and Monica’s facial expressions when the chef starts to go wrong is hilarious. Last year a guy made a fish omelette and the judges point blank refused to eat it. 

The skills test is the best thing on television. Watching Marcus and Monica’s facial expressions when the chef starts to go wrong is hilarious. Last year a guy made a fish omelette and the judges point blank refused to eat it. 

There’s already been a couple of inedible dishes this year.

I get that nerves play a part but you’d like to think these folk could at least rustle up something edible even after realising things have gone wrong.

You occasionally get someone who is good with spices etc going quite far, but the standard tonight was abysmal. Genuinely think I could have done a better job on the quail.

Less said about the Beignets the better as well. Really poor standard last night.

The standard of the skills test was terrible. None if the birds were cooked and only one of the Beignets were edible and even then she dumped a whole bowl of sugar in them. The plates if food you see them cooking ar their own restaurants while they are getting introduced must be given to them. Her with the tattoos was plating up with tweezers then in the skills test just launched the whole bowl onto the plate! 

I’m at start of first of this weeks. Terrible. Some these guys don’t seem to have any of the basic skills in cookery. Butchery, fish filleting, stocks and sauces.

guessing a fair few work in Wetherspoon type places where it’s basically microwave cooking.

Elevated is also overused.

Edited by RH33