Hopeless One > Special One

Eddie Murphy

I posted this on the main Football Manager 18 thread but thought I'd separate it out.....

Here begins the journey to the top - starting with Cowdenbeath

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lost 3 out of 4 league cup matches against Livi, Falkirk, Montrose and Ross County but I'm tbh I'm not overly fussed as I used them to try out tactics etc...

Lost 1-0 to Partick U20's in the Irn Bru cup but again, not fussed.

Onto the league, I am currently sitting 3rd after 11 games. 4 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats and currently 9pts above the relegation zone (where I was predicted to finish!)

Signings

Derek Riordan - Free agent, a complete waste of a jersey (gutted)! Has contributed nothing and currently sits with an average rating of 5.9

Mark Stowe  - on loan from Falkirk, a good winger who has chipped in with the odd goal and has a handful of assists

Lewis Clark - Free agent, had a bad injury during pre season but is now the permanent RB at the club (much to Fraser Mullen's annoyance)

Dominic McMeekin - on loan from Dundee Utd, not managed to break into first team squad and will probably be sent back to Tannadice.

Jordon Armstrong - on loan from Motherwell, he's sharing the left side of midfield role with Stowe and has fitted in well.

Connor Gethins - A free from Formantine, a revelation! Brought in following the Riordan saga, Connor has been fantastic. Scored 5 goals in first 7 games and more importantly has been handing goals on a plate to Ryan Connelly.

The club is debt ridden and I fully expect the board to start selling my star players against my wishes. Have tied down Connelly, McGovern and Rumsby on longer deals so should at least get some money.

'Mon the Blue Brazil!

Down to 5th on GD after 14 games.

Edinburgh City are starting to be my bogey team, just cannot beat them.

Gethins and Connelly both injured and out for 2 months so dived into the transfer market and signed free agent Ross Caldwell. Scored on his debut against Turriff Utd in the Scottish Cup and looks a good addition.

One positive note is that Riordan has found his shooting boots. 3 goals in 4 games (2 of which were traditional Deek style finishes) and showing my decision to sign him was a good one!

Next up is Stirling Albion away....

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 1st season, missed out on league title by 3pts - lost the play offs on penalties. Could say its been a shan one but hey I was tasked with avoiding relegation so job done :thumsup2

One of the highlights of the season was getting Rangers in the 5th round of the Scottish Cup. We got pumped 4-1  but the money we made is phenomenal and has allowed me to upgrade youth facilities.

Onto 2nd season, we got horsed out the League Cup and lost in the Irn Bru cup to Aberdeen U20s. The league started with 3 defeats but now after 11 games, i'm a point off top spot.

This season i've been asked to get promotion so it's going to tricky.

Players In

Patrick Cregg - free

Aaron Murrell - 3K from Berwick

Jay Sandison - Loan from Hearts

Steven Stirling - 2K from Edinburgh City

Ciaran Summers - free from Albion Rovers

Archived