The Bah Humbug Thread

6 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Anyone who says they enjoy wrapping presents is either a liar or in need of serious help.

I wait until I'm steaming on Christmas Eve before wrapping anything. 

It's all sitting laid out like a complete disgrace the now, I had a small wee box with a mug in it last to wrap and 60% of a roll of paper left, used the lot, there will be none of that perfectly wrapped presents pish on my watch. 

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's all sitting laid out like a complete disgrace the now, I had a small wee box with a mug in it last to wrap and 60% of a roll of paper left, used the lot, there will be none of that perfectly wrapped presents pish on my watch. 

Being bad with your hands is not something to shout about Derek.

Have a good day and hopefully the good cheer will arrive on the 30th,as Dougie Morton would put it, Ayr for Europe.

Edited by ayrmad

20 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I hope he is indeed getting his dream toy.  Hate to think how he might feel if he was ever to find out he had got a brand new bmx for Christmas but dad had sold it.

I've a fair idea how much of a shit his dad will feel at some point in the future.

This. All my wrapped presents look like crackers. Roll them up and scrunch both end, bit of tape. Use far too much paper but who gives a f**k. Cracking open the baileys. Happy Christmas!

Bit meh to be honest. Used to love Christmas but as we've no family in Dundee and the wife is a fucking anti social psychopath at best, we usually end up only seeing folk for 2-3 days (our dads are coming this year) then it just turns into another 10 days or so being entrenched in the house with the bairn.

Only seeing folk for 2-3 days? ONLY? Honestly, f**k that. One day. Christmas day.

My mum will make an appearance in the next few hours to take the wean to hers for a few hours. She'll then drop him off and that's the end of it.

I'll put a smile on and maybe even enjoy parts of the day but as soon as the weans are out of sight that mask drops. What a load of shite it is. Which is exactly why I'm lying on the couch footering about on a forum. Weans playing in the room, baby napping and c***s playing loud music before fucking 12.

The telly is off, there's no one in the room bar me and the cat and it's fucking brilliant.

I loved christmas as a wean and one year it just clicked and I realised it wasn't for me anymore. The weans are happy and I enjoyed them opening their presents. After that it's just a regular day with an irregular feel and I'm not arsed about the dinner either.

I'm very well aware how it all sounds but this is a thread for people like me after all.

Those of you who enjoy it, I hope you have a fucking smasher. I just cannae go it.

• 4 years later...