Sign in to follow this  
Bundesliga Boy

Lochee Harp

It's in the process of being built; current ground in process of being flattened, new ground on opposite side of the road in very early stages of being built. Playing at Downfield this year I believe then should be back to new ground for next season I believe.

8 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

It's in the process of being built; current ground in process of being flattened, new ground on opposite side of the road in very early stages of being built. Playing at Downfield this year I believe then should be back to new ground for next season I believe.

Great thanks, will add to the todo list for next season.

Works at the new ground apparently had an unforeseen interruption due to there being a bird's nest or some such, which these days triggers a shut down until the little darlings have left.

It was all still just earthworks when I saw over the fence from the top deck of a bus, but that was back at the end of September.

Old ground completely gone now. Shame because I thought it was a tidy little ground. Sharing with downfield for one season I think. Will find out and post at a later date

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

Old ground completely gone now. Shame because I thought it was a tidy little ground. Sharing with downfield for one season I think. Will find out and post at a later date

Sharing with Downfield again till at least Christmas I believe. As you say old ground gone but not much progress on the new one apparently. 

And the old ground may have been lots of things (a properly traditional junior ground with bags of history and “character” for example), but “tidy” it certainly wasn’t! Not on my last visit anyway. 

Sharing with Downfield again till at least Christmas I believe. As you say old ground gone but not much progress on the new one apparently. 

And the old ground may have been lots of things (a properly traditional junior ground with bags of history and “character” for example), but “tidy” it certainly wasn’t! Not on my last visit anyway. 

Meant it was a decent junior ground. Actually worked inside the club rooms. ( like a tardis inside btw????).

9 hours ago, Ylf said:

Meant it was a decent junior ground. Actually worked inside the club rooms. ( like a tardis inside btw).

I know - I got changed in there often enough. There were booby traps in the away dressing room where holes in the floor had been covered with that old carpet!