Cowdenbeath vs Elgin

Clearly, the excitement behind this match was so great that everyone forgot to post a match thread.

Elgin 2-0 up at half time. Cowdenbeath presenting little going forward, almost as if they'd taken inspiration from our performance last week.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ref was poor 

but we were even worse.

ovenstone showed he’s not a manager , crap team choice and baffling substitutions.

elgin played quite well and 5 would not have flattered them, they must have had about 10 good chances.

mcgurn our mom for several good saves.

match sponsor picked Kyle miller, I take it they are plyed with drink before and during the game these days. 

Seem to be saying this every game now but that is the worst i have ever seen us the ref was a shambles but we were fucking pish , not usually  one for slagging players off but Josh Morris is nowhere near good enough would start young Connelly  ahead of him every time why are we  not  giving Whitaker a shot surely hes better than what we have the now Buchanan is fucking woeful , according to a few people Gary Bollans assistant was in the stand today dunno if its shite or no but we need someone in ASAP even at that we need a miracle as the players we have and we need to work with i dont think they are good enough  Miller , Buchanan , Morris , Garden, Rutherford really dont do anything for me what so ever 

ah well onto next week 

Ref was totally inept, but then so were we for much of the game.Thought  Garden lucky to escape a red  for a very late challenge. Mullen's behaviour gets more  ridiculous with every week that passes. Elgin were pretty streetwise and good going forward 9 and 10 especially. I thought their defence was there to be got at but  We lacked the wherewithal in midfield to sustain any pressure.It  seems perfectly obvious to me, though not to Brown and Ovenstone, that Muirhead and Connelly are our two most talented young players and should  be starting every week Hopefully the new manager will see it that way.I wish him all the best anyway.

18 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Would like to know why Mullen was sent off, must have said something to the ref.

if he has I would like 10 mins just me and Mullen  face to face.

if he hasn’t the ref deserves all the abuse he got.

He swore within earshot of the ref maybe not at the ref but he obviously thought he did.

22 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The ref was poor 

but we were even worse.

ovenstone showed he’s not a manager , crap team choice and baffling substitutions.

elgin played quite well and 5 would not have flattered them, they must have had about 10 good chances.

mcgurn our mom for several good saves.

match sponsor picked Kyle miller, I take it they are plyed with drink before and during the game these days. 

Like you I would have given McGurn MOM had a good few good saves.

40 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Five bookings and two sending offs for Cowden, are the players losing the plot?

It was actually six bookings seven if you include Syme's second for his red. I can honestly say I have never seen us have so many cards in one game must be a club record.

26 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Wish Mullen would learn to ignore refs he to easy wound up needs to show some dignity and walk away from trouble 

mullen is a petulant wee shite. i  struggle to forgive him for a sending off at home in a crucial game last season.

i dont make all the games but thats probably as bad as i have seen us this season. we are in dire straits.

the midfield was terrible and the forwards aswell.  

ovenstone took off brad smith who looked our most likely player to create something, which is very difficult with the lack of good movement and football from the forwards.

we must be worse than last season.

4 hours ago, Auld Git said:

Hope Lewis Strapp is ok looked a bad one

Yes, I hope the Elgin player was OK. It was accidental, if the ref thought otherwise it should have been a red and not a yellow.

That was the start of a bad day for the ref and an even worse one for Cowden. 

Someone please tell me why Morris gets a start, surely one of the poorest players ever to put on a Cowden shirt.

Tonight I am really asking myself " what's the point?"

6 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes, I hope the Elgin player was OK. It was accidental, if the ref thought otherwise it should have been a red and not a yellow.

That was the start of a bad day for the ref and an even worse one for Cowden. 

Someone please tell me why Morris gets a start, surely one of the poorest players ever to put on a Cowden shirt.

Tonight I am really asking myself " what's the point?"

i cant think of 1 attribute morris brings to our team

Very very poor today as it is most weeks  as was the referee although that's no excuse for where are just now. 

At least the next manager has time on his hands to turn this around to safety. 

There was periods going forward we looked threatening until the basics like try and shoot. Simple basics again that this team is unable to do. 

Fair play to Cammy getting a goal with nine men on the park and keeping going. 

Billy has certainly left a huge mess as this team are a shambles . Yes in his fairness he probably didn't get enough time or  the players in he wanted due to him coming in at the last minute but a man of his experience I would have thought he would have had good influencing with a built up network to attract quality  players. However he has probably helped by not signing many loans which will help the next manager coming in. 

It's hard to believe Josh scored 35 goals, a very poor player but it may be because we have a weak midfield. 

Think someone was proving a point about awarding Miller MOM wasn't his worst match but never MOM. However each to their own opinion and view of the game. 

Surely good times can come back to Central Park as it's just not enjoyable anymore following the club. However Loyalty prevails and as was once originally put we must continue to put the shoulder to the wheel collectively if we want to keep our great wee club. I just hope the next manager can ensure they players understand that importance and create a winning mentality  on the field. 

Archived