North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Hopefully be up soon to catch a game or 2 🤞

It's looking like another great end of the season... while we wait to see if Loch Ness implode again

Thinking of nipping up to Orkney in February to see them host Loch Ness, hopefully around implosion time. :hatty

20 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fort William humped at Tain and slumped to 8th.

They'll not be "bouncing back" then?

Even if they win their two games in hand ,they're still 8 points behind.

A lot of points to make up over 12 games, but not impossible.

On 03/12/2022 at 20:07, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.2b39b632a589628536eb597e87f754c5.png

image.png.da417ab0e7d1427709be1acfe7c782cb.png

Fort William on the rise, but Loch Ness look to be uncatchable. Golspie Sutherland are very unlikely to become champions again. As Loch Ness aren't licensed, there will not be another champion NCL club which is eligible for promotion, there won't be a promotion contender from the North Caley this season.

Furthermore, will there be any eligible licensed clubs from the Midlands and North Regional Leagues, to contest the HFL promotion play-offs this season ?  If so, can we assume therefore that Strathspey Thistle (or any other HFL club) will be reprieved this season ?

I took advantage of Nairn being expunged from the League Cup to go and watch the reserves up at Alness. They have a wide tarmac area down once side of the pitch, so the spectator experience is slightly better that what you usually get at school 3G pitches. The only tinpottery on show was the lack of any assistant referees. I assume that's pretty standard at this level?

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I took advantage of Nairn being expunged from the League Cup to go and watch the reserves up at Alness. They have a wide tarmac area down once side of the pitch, so the spectator experience is slightly better that what you usually get at school 3G pitches. The only tinpottery on show was the lack of any assistant referees. I assume that's pretty standard at this level?

None on show at Ferry Brae for Inverness Athletic v Orkney. Decent pitch with great views and a cracking end to end game. Booked a trip up to Orkney in February to see them host Loch Ness. The quality of football was much better than I was expecting.

52 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The only tinpottery on show was the lack of any assistant referees. I assume that's pretty standard at this level?

Only 28/93 matches on the refs page had ARs listed. For tier 6 only EOS/WOS Premier always get ARs. Looks like the same people running the line so unless you get more referees then the situation won't change.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/referee-appointments/

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

Furthermore, will there be any eligible licensed clubs from the Midlands and North Regional Leagues, to contest the HFL promotion play-offs this season ?  If so, can we assume therefore that Strathspey Thistle (or any other HFL club) will be reprieved this season ?

The North Juniors don't even have a licensed club, and the two licensed clubs in the Midlands, Lochee United and Tayport, are not close to the top of the table.

I'm not aware of any clubs looking to be licensed by the end of the season either, so it appears Strathspey Thistle will survive another season.

It will start to look a bit silly if year after year none of the tier 7 leagues produce licensed champions. Defeats the whole point of a pyramid. But maybe that's what some the league's want...
Pretty sure the Highland League was glad to see the back of Fort.

8 hours ago, edinabear said:

It will start to look a bit silly if year after year none of the tier 7 leagues produce licensed champions. Defeats the whole point of a pyramid. But maybe that's what some the league's want...

I'd be shocked to see the North Region Championship produce any licensed champions anytime soon.

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

There has been a licensed champion every year of the Highland pyramid. 

13 hours ago, edinabear said:

If teams in the nether regions don't want/are capable of working towards a license, that's hardly the superior league's fault.

There's little point in introducing teams lacking in facilities, administrative capability etc.

14 hours ago, Yalay said:
On 05/12/2022 at 12:21, Robert James said:

The North Juniors don't even have a licensed club, and the two licensed clubs in the Midlands, Lochee United and Tayport, are not close to the top of the table.

Halfway point in the season - Lochee are 8 points behind with 3 games in hand, having beaten the league leaders on Saturday. Though unlicensed Carnoustie are 12 points behind with 7 games in hand.

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
14 hours ago, edinabear said:

Pretty sure the Highland League was glad to see the back of Fort.

I'd guess the SHFL community was glad to see the back of the idiots who took over and turned a troubled but ultimately still-functioning club into a complete circus which spent eighteen months trying to turn a Facebook audience and some batshit conspiracy theories into goals and revenue. 

Fort weren't always the mess they became last season. A permanent struggle, an occasional shambles, certainly, but they never before plumbed the depths seen in the summer.