Jump to content

North Caledonian League Expansion


Robert James

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

 

If there's going to be parity between qualification opportunities in the Highland/Lowland areas, then arguably the NCL, NRJFA and Midlands also need a way for non-champion, non-licenced teams to qualify for the Scottish Cup (like the Alex Jack Cup in the EoSFL, Alba Cup in the SoSFL and Strathclyde Cup in the WoSFL) leading to some sort of playoff competition for the cup place.

The Junior Cup counts as the qualifying cup competition for the North & Midlands. The reason the Cup Winners Shield was created was to provide a cup qualifier for the seniors since the Juniors had one. The simple way to do it would be for one of the NCL Cups exclude SFA members and enter a 4 way playoff with Alex Jack, Alba, and Strathclyde.

Until something more sensible comes along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The simple way to do it would be for one of the NCL Cups exclude SFA members and enter a 4 way playoff with Alex Jack, Alba, and Strathclyde.

Until something more sensible comes along.

Seems the pragmatic solution

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Seems the pragmatic solution

I doubt anyone would have any serious issue with it if the NCL asked for it. Would save the situation that's happened in the this season's Cup Winners Shield being won before the 3rd game.

Make the semis at neutral venues since travel would obviously be the biggest concern against it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2022 at 21:20, FairWeatherFan said:

The Junior Cup counts as the qualifying cup competition for the North & Midlands. The reason the Cup Winners Shield was created was to provide a cup qualifier for the seniors since the Juniors had one. The simple way to do it would be for one of the NCL Cups exclude SFA members and enter a 4 way playoff with Alex Jack, Alba, and Strathclyde.

Until something more sensible comes along.

A possible solution, which would need NCL ratification.

The NCL AGM is being held on Tuesday 2nd June. I understand that Fort William FC has been invited to attend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Robert James said:

A possible solution, which would need NCL ratification.

The NCL AGM is being held on Tuesday 2nd June. I understand that Fort William FC has been invited to attend. 

Apologies typo : Tuesday 7th June !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

When was the last time the league had as many as 13 teams? Nice to see the league doing so well having been down to just six clubs a few years ago.

Edited by stanley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

When was the last time the league had as many as 13 teams? Nice to see the league doing so well having been down to just six clubs a few years ago.

1994-95 would appear to be the answer with 14 teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is this them appealing the fact that they withdrew from the playoff? Or have I missed something else?

Yup. Their chairman and internet fans have an interesting interpretation of events. Even if Fort did have a case, they withdrew voluntarily from the playoff, if they were so sure of themselves, they should've played under protest.

But it was all a conspiracy to get the Fort down by the evil Highland League, under the ruthless rule of @RH33's dad.

Edited by Cyclizine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Yup. Their chairman and internet fans have an interesting interpretation of events. Even if Fort did have a case, they withdrew voluntarily from the playoff, if they were so sure of themselves, they should've played under protest.

But it was all a conspiracy to get the Fort down by the evil Highland League, under the ruthless rule of @RH33's dad.

Aye, he was bored in retirement so plotted the downfall of the mighty Fort William for shits and giggles!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Yup. Their chairman and internet fans have an interesting interpretation of events. Even if Fort did have a case, they withdrew voluntarily from the playoff, if they were so sure of themselves, they should've played under protest.

But it was all a conspiracy to get the Fort down by the evil Highland League Aberdeenshire football mafia, under the ruthless rule of @RH33's dad.

There

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/06/2022 at 21:39, Cyclizine said:

Yup. Their chairman and internet fans have an interesting interpretation of events. Even if Fort did have a case, they withdrew voluntarily from the playoff, if they were so sure of themselves, they should've played under protest.

But it was all a conspiracy to get the Fort down by the evil Highland League, under the ruthless rule of @RH33's dad.

 

HFL conspiracy shocking !!!!

However Fort's appeal is to the SFA, and not to the HFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

 

HFL conspiracy shocking !!!!

However Fort's appeal is to the SFA, and not to the HFL.

We know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In theory, Fort have appealed to the SFA. Whether they put a stamp on the envelope, or the crayon-strewn list of complaints in the envelope in the first place, or to whom the address on the front listed as the recipient, that's all TBC at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though Fort look as though they will be in the NCL next season is there any chance that you can keep post complaining about them on their own thread please? It is spoiling the NCL thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...