Jump to content
Robert James

North Caledonian League Expansion

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Would love to see Charlestelona or Uncle Bobs getting onto the Scottish football pyramid tbh.

Uncle Bob's in Nairn? Wee upstairs bar. Pretty sure Gellions in Inverness have a team, cracking preliminary round. Probably need oxygen along with the sponge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I suspect the other rumoured club from the Inverness amateurs won't be applying as far as I hear.

It's important to note that Scourie will be a new club formed for the NCL, although the KLB manager is the brainchild behind them.

The '5th club' didn't want to be named, which probably means you are right that they won't be applying (this year).

When you hear the date of the impending NCL 'virtual' meetings, please let us know on this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Would love to see Charlestelona or Uncle Bobs getting onto the Scottish football pyramid tbh.

A potential pyramid local derby between Norbord and Highland Aviation makes the mouth water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2020 at 18:44, Cyclizine said:

A potential pyramid local derby between Norbord and Highland Aviation makes the mouth water.

I can see Copa90 sending a reporter and a VT team already for the next installment of "Derby Days"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A potential pyramid local derby between Norbord and Highland Aviation makes the mouth water.
There's also potential for a Red Bull franchise in the new Tornagrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 18:44, Cyclizine said:
A potential pyramid local derby between Norbord and Highland Aviation makes the mouth water.

There's also potential for a Red Bull franchise in the new Tornagrain.

I know it's been said often but it bears repeating: The North Caledonian Football League NEEDS a strong Plockton AFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I know it's been said often but it bears repeating: The North Caledonian Football League NEEDS a strong Plockton AFC

FC Hamish McBeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

FC Hamish McBeth

I'm a master of photoshop I'll have you know.

435gem.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 11:03, Dev said:

Any speculation out there about which Inverness Amateurs may even have a suitable ground/changing rooms for the NCL? Loch Ness have already declared their intentions. Are there any possibles from elsewhere, in addition to the Inverness Amateurs?

Black Isle United (Culbokie) have a good (from Streetview) ground.

Inverness  & Dist Amat Lg 2020
Prem
Avoch
Contin
Ferrybache
ICM Electrical
IRN Security
Loch Ness
Maryburgh
NMM Sams
Nth Kessock(?)

Tomatin

Div.1
Ardersier
Balloan
Black Rock Rovers (Evanton)
Charlestelona
Culloden Blacksmiths
Hill Rovers (Farr)
Innes CI
Merkinch
Muir of Ord Rovers
Div.2
Black Isle United (Culbokie)
Conon Bridge
Drakies PDG
Fortrose & Rosemarkie Union
Gairloch/Aultbea United
Highland Aviation
NHS Highland
Norbord Cleanco
Tomatin United
Uncle Bob's

I've played for half those teams 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I know it's been said often but it bears repeating: The North Caledonian Football League NEEDS a strong Plockton AFC

"Since 1954 the village has played host to Plockton Amateur Football Club. Calling the Alasdair Ross Memorial Park their home, and playing in yellow and black strips, the club is affectionately known as the "Bumble Bees". The club currently participates in the Skye and Lochalsh Amateur Football Association Bagshaw League and have been described as 'sleeping giants', strictly adhering to a passing football philosophy, contrasting with the approach of other local football clubs such as Kyle, and Glenelg. Recent successes include winning the Clan Donald Cup, locally considered the "Champions League" of West Highland football. The footballing philosophy of the club has changed considerably over recent decades from the "Get it out of there" approach of I. MacQuarrie to the "Give the ball to Abdul" era of Martin Bliss. Nick Flanagan has been the most recent manager."

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/05/2020 at 22:14, welshbairn said:

Uncle Bob's in Nairn? Wee upstairs bar. Pretty sure Gellions in Inverness have a team, cracking preliminary round. Probably need oxygen along with the sponge.

 

An 'unnamed' club from the Inverness & District League has made a recent enquiry about NCL entry, but uncertainty about the virus, may mean they won't apply this year. This club is an addition to Loch Ness, Scourie, Nairn Dev, and the return of Alness to the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

 

An 'unnamed' club from the Inverness & District League has made a recent enquiry about NCL entry, but uncertainty about the virus, may mean they won't apply this year. This club is an addition to Loch Ness, Scourie, Nairn Dev, and the return of Alness to the league.

Where did you hear this?

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Where did you hear this?

It would be a breach of confidence, for me to say. Sorry.

You may hear the name of the (5th) club from another source. Although it looks like it won't happen for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robert James said:

It would be a breach of confidence, for me to say. Sorry.

You may hear the name of the (5th) club from another source. Although it looks like it won't happen for next season.

Go on, was it Uncle Bob's, your signature a while back? I won't tell a soul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, welshbairn said:

Go on, was it Uncle Bob's, your signature a while back? I won't tell a soul. 

 

Nice try, and no !   Sorry. 

As you may have noticed, "Uncle Bob"  retired from P&B some time ago.

Anyway, you've almost certainly got your own sources.  If not, try contacting "Mystic Mac", whose last P&B  'prediction' early this year, was that Livingston Utd wanted to transfer the EoSL.. However, they missed the applications deadline, and were subsequently rejected.

Regards from Jamie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2020 at 09:33, Samsonite said:

The NCL been called as Null & Void for this season, not a good look when they are wanting to join the Pyramid system but as with higher leagues clubs obviously voting with there own interest at heart.

 

The North Caledonian League's ('virtual') AGM is expected to take place on the weekend of the 20th/21st June.   It is the NCL's most important annual meeting for many years. Key matters for consideration include :

*  Covid19

* expansion of the league, potentially including 3 new clubs, in addition to Alness Utd, which has already reactivated its membership for 2020/21, after a season's absence

* proposed entry into the Highland pyramid.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robert James said:

 

The North Caledonian League's ('virtual') AGM is expected to take place on the weekend of the 20th/21st June.   It is the NCL's most important annual meeting for many years. Key matters for consideration include :

*  Covid19

* expansion of the league, potentially including 3 new clubs, in addition to Alness Utd, which has already reactivated its membership for 2020/21, after a season's absence

* proposed entry into the Highland pyramid.     

If they have a 14 team league next season, they could may be just play one round of fixtures - a13 Game truncated season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

If they have a 14 team league next season, they could may be just play one round of fixtures - a13 Game truncated season.

If they welcome in the 4 they'll have 13 teams next season if they have one. You might be right, plan to play them in the Spring maybe. 

I'd expect them to decide to wait and see, could be back to normal by September or no games till whenever. Think they've already agreed to the Pyramid in 

principle so they might firm that up with a written proposal I suppose. Not sure how that would work if the NRJFA aren't interested though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If they welcome in the 4 they'll have 13 teams next season if they have one. You might be right, plan to play them in the Spring maybe. 

I'd expect them to decide to wait and see, could be back to normal by September or no games till whenever. Think they've already agreed to the Pyramid in 

principle so they might firm that up with a written proposal I suppose. Not sure how that would work if the NRJFA aren't interested though.

Considering some of the previous chat around the highland pyramid it could be done with just the NCL for now. A licenced NCL champion gets promotion to the Highland League, Highland League say they don't max out as a single division until 20. Nothing to worry about.

Could still even say relegation is automatic, but as they aren't at 20 the club would be free to re-apply if they so wished.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Considering some of the previous chat around the highland pyramid it could be done with just the NCL for now. A licenced NCL champion gets promotion to the Highland League, Highland League say they don't max out as a single division until 20. Nothing to worry about.

Could still even say relegation is automatic, but as they aren't at 20 the club would be free to re-apply if they so wished.

 

Yeah, it's unlikely the bottom club would be from the East anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...