North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

7 hours ago, Cornishman said:

The 'Outward Code' (The left hand letter/number combination) is an instruction to direct mail to reach the local-ish main sorting office.

The 'Inward Code' (The right hand letter/number combination) is then an instruction to direct mail to reach the actual address from the MSO.

Now we are onto stuff that's actually interesting.

Islands with a KA postcode are those accessible from Ardrossan, PA from Oban, PH from Mallaig and IV and HS from Kyle of Lochalsh.

Cromdale has a PH postcode as it the most would be dropped off at Aviemore before for onward delivery rather than going all the way to Inverness.

It all makes more sense if you superimpose 1960s railways onto the postcode map 

On 20/04/2020 at 20:59, Highland Capital said:

Alness United have just tweeted that they're back in the league.

Can't find this tweet on its website (?)  

Alex Chisholm (Clach's Chairman) "wishes ambitious North Caley clubs, luck in their bid to establish a pathway to the Highland League."  (as published in the Inverness Courier).

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Alex Chisholm (Clach's Chairman) "wishes ambitious North Caley clubs, luck in their bid to establish a pathway to the Highland League."  (as published in the Inverness Courier).

I can’t see anything on Twitter either

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

Here’s the original article

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/clachnacuddin-chairman-says-tier-six-could-happen-196982/

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Now we are onto stuff that's actually interesting.

Islands with a KA postcode are those accessible from Ardrossan, PA from Oban, PH from Mallaig and IV and HS from Kyle of Lochalsh.

Cromdale has a PH postcode as it the most would be dropped off at Aviemore before for onward delivery rather than going all the way to Inverness.

It all makes more sense if you superimpose 1960s railways onto the postcode map 

Not really sure that explains how Lewis (and possibly Harris) had a PA postcode until quite recently.

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No it doesn't not unless the post went Oban to Castlebay then up. Will need to look into this.

I can tell you off the top of my head that Stornoway was serviced from either Kyle or Mallaig at least as far back as 1947, before postcodes were introduced. So the most logical conclusion is some arsehole behind a desk in London 😂

2 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I can tell you off the top of my head that Stornoway was serviced from either Kyle or Mallaig at least as far back as 1947, before postcodes were introduced. So the most logical conclusion is some arsehole behind a desk in London 😂

They just got Stornoway confused with Linwood. Easy mistake to make

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Back to Kyle forever. Skye the and mainland giving shelter before the open sea of the Minch 

The Iolaire sailed from Kyle.

There is an excellent boom called Tales of a Hebridean Sharker if you are interested in stories about the seaways of the inner Hebrides.

I'm really hoping the football never comes back. There so much more to life 

Edited by invergowrie arab

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Back to Kyle forever. Skye the and mainland giving shelter before the open sea of the Minch 

The Iolaire sailed from Kyle.

There is an excellent boom called Tales of a Hebridean Sharker if you are interested in stories about the seaways of the inner Hebrides.

Tex Geddes? Read it. Also 'Harpoon at a Venture' by Maxwell. Been down at Camusfearna (Sandaig) a couple of times too.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Think it all goes through Ullapool now... Did it not got up via plane from Glasgow Airport before, hence the PA postcode?

47 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

TBH I’m usually fed up with it by April, and wanting to get on with other stuff, and I don’t eagerly look forward to a new season that much. I’d normally finish the season off with a load of Junior games and end up with 70-80 for the season, but I’m stuck on 53.
But this premature end has got me missing it quite badly. I’d still be trailing along to ICT games, but I was looking forward to all the playoffs with Brora/Kelty/Bonnyrigg/Brechin etc.

On 20/04/2020 at 21:47, ShrimpLok said:

Cromdale has been in Banffshire, Inverness-shire (detached part), Morayshire, Badenoch and Strathspey and now Highland. Can't make up its mind which county it wants to be in.

Certainly part of the traditional Gaidhealtachd and still had local Gaelic speakers into the 20th century. 

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Loch Ness are now appointing coaching staff, so they must be very confident of gaining NCL admission

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/inverness-football-club-loch-ness-appoint-three-new-coaches-197626/

Good to hear. Wouldn't see any reason they would be knocked back as long as they could prove they can have access to their facilities on a Saturday afternoon.