Robert James

North Caledonian League Expansion

16 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Grow up. I'm not suppressing your views. You have a habit of posting long-winded posts (like the above) that say nothing that we don't already know, ask questions that have already been answered or pass your opinions off as fact.

We all know about the issues with developing a working pyramid in the North. Perhaps the NCL will be involved. Perhaps something else will appear. Perhaps nothing will ever happen.

However, you coming out with comments like "Nairn and Lossie would get relegated to the NCL" is pure unsubstantiated opinion.

I don't claim to be an expert on North football, but I live up here, watch a lot of it and know a lot of people in the game: senior, junior and amateur (and welfare). I've called you out before for unsubstantiated statements that you've rowed back from. I'm not trying to stifle any debate but clarify it.

I've been a contributor to P&B for a long time, and I can't recall ever having been personally critical of another poster, even when their views and mine are not in accord. That is the essence of debate.

However, your post (above) is absolute drivel, and an insult to your own integrity.  May I politely suggest, that in future, you take a more considered view, before writing unsubstantiated and inaccurate comments about me, or any other P&B poster.  

Footnote : If you haven't already read it, you might  like to have a look at  "Highland Hundred" by Bill McAllister.  It is an excellent history book about football in the highlands. 

Edited by Robert James
typo error

^^^Bill McAllister. Note "Be the first to review this item."

image.thumb.png.f717afef3391fd5abfc93e6586acfa16.png

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

I've been a contributor to P&B for a long time, and I can't recall ever having been personally critical of another poster, even when their views and mine are not in accord. That is the essence of debate.

However, your post (above) is absolute drivel, and an insult to your own integrity.  May I politely suggest, that in future, you take a more considered view, before writing unsubstantiated and inaccurate comments about me, or any other P&B poster.  

Footnote : If you haven't already read it, you might  like to have a look at  "Highland Hundred" by Bill McAllister.  It is an excellent history book about football in the highlands. 

I believe the traditional P&B response here is 'word salad'.

Read back through some of your previous posts through the eyes of the general reader and you can see how unreadable many of your posts are. I don't want you to stop posting, you have ideas and engage in debate, but as I've said, many of your posts are speculation dressed as fact, wrapped in excessive verbosity.

PS: I've tried to write the last paragraph in the style of the master, but hats off to you, it's hard to write that stuff.

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

PS: I've tried to write the last paragraph in the style of the master, but hats off to you, it's hard to write that stuff.

:lol:

now theres gonna be trouble

4 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I believe the traditional P&B response here is 'word salad'.

Read back through some of your previous posts through the eyes of the general reader and you can see how unreadable many of your posts are. I don't want you to stop posting, you have ideas and engage in debate, but as I've said, many of your posts are speculation dressed as fact, wrapped in excessive verbosity.

"Word salad" !  Not heard that one !!  I will however own up to "verbosity", which is the problem associated with Honours Degree Graduates (many years ago, in my case).

And yes, I sometimes ask "questions". not always answered by others, eg recently - "is Alness Utd's withdrawal because of their ground issues ?"  or "will the PWG do anything to support' the NCL becoming a feeder league (with or without the NRJFA clubs), or "does anyone know if Girvan FC are planning to erect floodlights to keep their SFA licence ?".

I do also express "opinions", but I am hardly alone alone in doing that. Some of the most 'interesting' debates prompted by P&B posters (throughout +500 pages), wrongly claimed that automatic pyramid entry for the juniors, was a  "fact" for 2019/20.

Please note that I was the first to post on here, the North Caley's two Media Releases about Bonar Bridge being formally elected into the NCL, and also the withdrawal of Alness for 2019/20.  But perhaps I don't have your expertise on some other issues of interest ? 

If my recollection is correct, I was also the first to point out that Bonnyrigg Rose would join the Lowland League for 2019/20, notwithstanding their original rejection.  I also expressed some very early views about the SFA's Licensing debacle for club Applications received before 1st January 2019. So not all bad..... maybe. 

Anyway Cyclicize ,please  keep up the posting, as I will, and keep away from the personal 'attacks' .......please.. And apologies for the above "verbosity" again.

Edited by Robert James

That Highland Hundred thing is a farce. The author forgot to check the guy he had write the book for him remembered to include a piece on Lossie. 

As for the rest of this page, WTF. 

Golspie get the bye in the Scottish Cup. Will play Banks O'Dee or Glasgow Uni away in preliminary round 2.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

That Highland Hundred thing is a farce. The author forgot to check the guy he had write the book for him remembered to include a piece on Lossie. 

You could always send your comments on "HH", to the book seller highlighted by Welshbairn above. Or buy a copy and send it to Cyclicine, who could write a  'critique'  of it, especially the pages about Lossie and the Wee County.  

From  Uncle Bob

I should probably just write one, and fill it with all the ways the current (and previous) clubs pissed me off.

There was a copy of the Highland Hundred for sale in the Peterhead Club shop the other day. I have a copy. It is very good despite a few mistakes as I recall.

20 hours ago, Strathman said:

There was a copy of the Highland Hundred for sale in the Peterhead Club shop the other day. I have a copy. It is very good despite a few mistakes as I recall.

A very good read.

Shame about Alness, as they had a promising youth development set up.

On 18/07/2019 at 12:54, Jimmy Shaker said:

bill mcallister in talking shite shocker!!!!!!!!

According to the HFL website, Ullapool FC has entered the U17 League (North) for 2019/20. Anyone know anything about this club, eg where do they play their home games ?  Perhaps a future NCL club in 2 or 3 years.

4 hours ago, Robert James said:

According to the HFL website, Ullapool FC has entered the U17 League (North) for 2019/20. Anyone know anything about this club, eg where do they play their home games ?  Perhaps a future NCL club in 2 or 3 years.

My guess would be the 3g pitch at the High School. Unless they're connected with Loch Broom FC whose Morefield pitch is looking a bit tired, as they say on Tripadvisor.

image.png.a90dfeaade041eb1b7d4e323149d853c.png

They're Ullapool Juniors who have been running age group teams for years. Lochbroom are the local adult amateur side, although inactive this season. The teams are linked, I believe.

I'd say@welshbairn is right about the pitches. There is a newish 3G at the high school, which is where Lewis & Harris WFC play. Morefield is wooded along three sides with an embankment along the other, so it has a bit of an enclosed feel about it. Not been for years though and that photo above doesn't inspire confidence!

On 28/07/2019 at 12:35, welshbairn said:

My guess would be the 3g pitch at the High School. Unless they're connected with Loch Broom FC whose Morefield pitch is looking a bit tired, as they say on Tripadvisor.

image.png.a90dfeaade041eb1b7d4e323149d853c.png

Oh dear. Not very encouraging. 

On 28/07/2019 at 13:19, Cyclizine said:

They're Ullapool Juniors who have been running age group teams for years. Lochbroom are the local adult amateur side, although inactive this season. The teams are linked, I believe.

I'd say@welshbairn is right about the pitches. There is a newish 3G at the high school, which is where Lewis & Harris WFC play. Morefield is wooded along three sides with an embankment along the other, so it has a bit of an enclosed feel about it. Not been for years though and that photo above doesn't inspire confidence!

I knew that Lewis & Harris Women's team played in Ullapool, but didn't know where, as I haven't been to Ullapool for about 30 years. Morefield sounds like a decent venue for football at this level. Thanks.