Robert James

North Caledonian League Expansion

Could be right but they're from well before the Highland entry though, I had them on NLS for years before the new stand etc... I'm actually thinking Burnieman on one of his northern sojourns...? Unfortunately I removed them when the new pics superceded them.

It could well be my pics. Blackburn played in the Junior Cup there in 2002 but I spent long weekends up there in the following years and the pics might be from then.

Sad to hear about Inverness City. We hosted them in the Junior Cup in their first or second season, good people.

One of the teams north of the Tay needs to put an applicant ion in. It might force the hand of the spfl given the activity in the EoS at the moment.

Banks o'Dee have won the Dominos Pizza North Regional Cup yet again. Meh. Just promote the fuckers. The HL have said there would be no problem coping with a 19 team league if a League 2 team was demoted to the HL. It's getting boring.

On 22/05/2018 at 16:26, Snafu said:

Its right in Shinty country right there. Lovat the big team near by so I can't see them compete for the sports fans in the area.

If I get the chance to go to the football in the NCL or North Juniors next season maybe just maybe I might bump into some of the folks that were involved in the past or were involved right up to the end of this season, I'll ask about what's going to happen, if there is still a commitment.

I hope it doesn't go the way Bishopmill Utd or Lossie Utd went or what appears to have happened to Fochabers.

Why did NCL club Inverness Athletic leave their original ground at Farr ?

If City can't get a pitch in Inverness, then Athletic will probably have to stay at Muir of Ord, as they won't get one either?

Was trying to see if the North Caledonian had held its AGM this year. Turns out it will be this Saturday. Not too sure there will any new faces, other than the possible return of Balintore that was floated earlier. More traditional sources of recruitment may have led nowhere, so they've given twitter a go.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Was trying to see if the North Caledonian had held its AGM this year. Turns out it will be this Saturday. Not too sure there will any new faces, other than the possible return of Balintore that was floated earlier. More traditional sources of recruitment may have led nowhere, so they've given twitter a go.

The divide between "Senior" and "Junior" leagues in the Highlands is ridiculous. Inverness Athletic lost 2 or 3  key players last season in critical matches because their priority was their amateur teams. If Inverness City revive I'd hope they'd join the NCL but only if it's integrated into the non-Aberdeenshire sector of Northern football. Don't give a f**k whether it's called Junior or Senior, doubt if any of of the clubs do either.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The divide between "Senior" and "Junior" leagues in the Highlands is ridiculous. Inverness Athletic lost 2 or 3  key players last season in critical matches because their priority was their amateur teams. If Inverness City revive I'd hope they'd join the NCL but only if it's integrated into the non-Aberdeenshire sector of Northern football. Don't give a f**k whether it's called Junior or Senior, doubt if any of of the clubs do either.

An NCL game was unplayed last season because of the Highland Amateur Cup depriving teams  of players.

It's always going to happen, there's a small player pool and significantly more summer amateur/welfare clubs than winter up here and the seasons overlap at both ends.

Apparently Highland League officials were present at the North Caley AGM yesterday to discuss the pyramid. No new teams joining this year.

15 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Apparently Highland League officials were present at the North Caley AGM yesterday to discuss the pyramid. No new teams joining this year.

Not losing any clubs is always a bonus. Interesting to see what becomes of the Highland League official being there.

On 03/07/2018 at 21:05, FairWeatherFan said:

Not losing any clubs is always a bonus. Interesting to see what becomes of the Highland League official being there.

No AGM outcomes made public yet.

The draw for the 2018/19 NCL Football Times Cup includes the following affiliated North Caledonian FA clubs who don't participate in the league itself:

Shetland FC

Lewis & Harris FC

Nairn County Under 20 XI

Balintore's proposed NCL application did not materialise.

On 03/07/2018 at 20:47, Cyclizine said:

Hope they had a rational and constructive chat about possibilities. I'd love a once a year away trip to Orkney for Clach, and integrating the NCL and West Highland Juniors could counter the gravity towards the Shire. Even more necessary with Tayside possibly joining the mix. We need some SRU style support from the SFA/SPFL to make it happen though.

Edited by welshbairn

On 05/07/2018 at 00:18, welshbairn said:

Hope they had a rational and constructive chat about possibilities. I'd love a once a year away trip to Orkney for Clach, and integrating the NCL and West Highland Juniors could counter the gravity towards the Shire. Even more necessary with Tayside possibly joining the mix. We need some SRU style support from the SFA/SPFL to make it happen though.

They're going to ditch the existing clubs in favour of a bunch of franchises, whilst simultaneously breaking their own rules relating to the allocation of those franchises?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

They're going to ditch the existing clubs in favour of a bunch of franchises, whilst simultaneously breaking their own rules relating to the allocation of those franchises?

I was meaning the travel subsidies they give to Island and remotely situated teams from all levels.

On 03/07/2018 at 21:05, FairWeatherFan said:

They probably went for a wee dram afterwards, and got stocious...