North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

On 24/08/2022 at 10:50, J_Stewart said:

Great village, great posters.

I played for both Golspie and Brora when I was up the road in my youth (for Potto and Ricky at Golspie and your dad at Brora...what an education 🤣) and in terms of organisation, etc there wasn't a huge difference between them with the committee and management teams. Golspie still have a pretty decent committee of local guys too. Definitely big gaps to fill though on the infrastructure side as with no stand and no real social club they might quickly eat in to their finances if they need to make long away trips every fortnight and aren't able to recoup the same level of revenue that other clubs can for their home games. Would certainly like to see them give it a go though. 

Very tidy ground, and a good welcome given to away fans. I've followed Golspie's. progress since they became SFA members way back in the late Sixties/early seventies, as far as I can remember.

Split loyalties for me however, in their impending cup clash with Glasgow Uni. 

Took in the St Duthus v Nairn County game today.  St Duthus took an early 2 goal lead before adding a third with about 10 mins to go in the first half, Nairn pulled one back just before HT.  Second half was a much scrappier affair, with neither side really creating much. St Duthus did add another with about 15 mins to go and went on to finish 4-1 winners.

Was also out with the camera and I think I peaked this season with my first photo....never going to get another capture like that.

52331716756_15b03b91d7_c.jpg

52331729156_b6496d81d0_c.jpg

52331942353_de22f7ba6c_c.jpg

[52331947478_3e1ea9ae03_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2022 at 14:38, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That's a sensational fixture to get to for anyone.

I hope Orkney don't do this too often for what are supposed to be home games, looking to try to get to Orkney v Clach A-team this season.

The rest of the teams, bar Thurso I believe, all play on those fenced 4g type pitches or public parks. So even if they got the rest of the license stuff in line, none of them will get one due to this factor.

11 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Looking forward to Fort William explaining why this is all someone else's fault.