North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

Even though Fort look as though they will be in the NCL next season is there any chance that you can keep post complaining about them on their own thread please? It is spoiling the NCL thread.

56 minutes ago, Dev said:

Even though Fort look as though they will be in the NCL next season is there any chance that you can keep post complaining about them on their own thread please? It is spoiling the NCL thread.

What else is there to talk about in the off season?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I doubt Fort William will merit a club thread of their own for much longer. I'm sure the football hipsters/groundhoppers will soon change their allegiance to Orkney or the return of Scourie.

No photo description available.

There was never any Fort "fans" on the thread. Just a lot of pointing and laughing. That's naw gonnae change is it?

On 08/06/2022 at 22:13, Jimmy Shaker said:

In theory, Fort have appealed to the SFA. Whether they put a stamp on the envelope, or the crayon-strewn list of complaints in the envelope in the first place, or to whom the address on the front listed as the recipient, that's all TBC at this point. 

Dear SFA,

We wuz bullied by the HFL bullies.

It'S nOt FaiR!!!!!1!!

Regards,

Fort William FC

MON THE FORT!

Edited by Marten

On 10/06/2022 at 09:26, Marten said:

Dear SFA,

We wuz bullied by the HFL bullies.

It'S nOt FaiR!!!!!1!!

Regards,

Fort William FC

MON THE FORT!

I believe Fort William are being advised by Leslie Deans...

On 09/06/2022 at 13:29, AsimButtHitsASix said:

When are the Western Isles joining!?

I understand that Lewis & Harris FC have not as yet signalled entry into any of the NCA/NCL cup competitions for 2022/23. 

The Non League Scotland website has not yet realised that Clach Reserves' application to join the North Caley League for next season, was agreed at the NCL's AGM on 7th June. 

The NCL have announced that their champion club will gain entry to the Scottish Cup. Invergordon will enter this coming season. Excellent news and brings the NCL in line with the other Tier 6 leagues.

2 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

The NCL have announced that their champion club will gain entry to the Scottish Cup. Invergordon will enter this coming season. Excellent news and brings the NCL in line with the other Tier 6 leagues.

Yeah not before time CZ 

Well chuffed though,that it's now happening  !!

Maybe with the Champions guaranteed entry, regardless of being licenced or not, will this give some food for thought to clubs not currently in the NCL i.e. about joining the league?

I am thinking about clubs from the western parts of the North Juniors and others which have not previously considered it worthwhile moving from Summer football.

It may give a boost to some clubs which have intentions to improve their facilities or are already on that route. Maybe they will be able to better access Grant Aid in future.

Taking the long view this could be a game changer for the NCL.

Edited by Dev

16 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Inverness Athletic are moving to North Kessock after their ill-fated stint at Ardersier last season.

image.png.992af180eb36751065c4b52de19274a9.png

Remember though, NO SWEARING or the Ferry Brae coonsil will have them evicted 

6 hours ago, Dev said:

Maybe with the Champions guaranteed entry, regardless of being licenced or not, will this give some food for thought to clubs not currently in the NCL i.e. about joining the league? ...

How likely are they to make it past the qualifying rounds? Doubt it makes much difference. Orkney vs Newton Stewart is a fixture to look forward to though, especially if it gets postponed and they have to play it on the next available weeknight.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How likely are they to make it past the qualifying rounds? Doubt it makes much difference. Orkney vs Newton Stewart is a fixture to look forward to though, especially if it gets postponed and they have to play it on the next available weeknight.

Fair points!

However, the draw could already take Wick Academy down to Newton Stewart.

Prelim exit last season was £2,200. 1st Round exist £5,000 plus they'd be due travel expenses for an away game. As a qualifier they wouldn't be eligible for a bye but there's still enough randoms in the Prelims they could pick up a win.

Considering NCL attendances are well under a 100. I doubt many clubs would object to the payday.

Quite rare for postponements in August/September but you never know.