North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

Forget if I've said this in the thread already but seemingly when Loch Ness joined the league, they were in negotiations about playing just outside Dores - I think in the same spot where RockNess used to be but couldn't agree a deal with the farmer.  Shame it never worked out.

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Forget if I've said this in the thread already but seemingly when Loch Ness joined the league, they were in negotiations about playing just outside Dores - I think in the same spot where RockNess used to be but couldn't agree a deal with the farmer.  Shame it never worked out.

There's a football pitch next to the shinty ground in Drumnadrochit, maybe too far from Gellions though.

13 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Did they not try and use Fraser Park, just down from Kingsmills?

What happened there? That would’ve been a great base for them

22 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Did they not try and use Fraser Park, just down from Kingsmills?

What happened there? That would’ve been a great base for them

I imagine that it is the same situation as the meeting park, where the cricket club would have priority for a decent part of the season.

A while back there was talk or speculation that the North Region Juniors located west of the River Spey might get allocated to the N Cal area and that current Highland League clubs located west of the Spey might be allocated to the N Cal feeder league (to the Highland League) if they were ever relegated.

Anyone have the latest news on this?

This could possibly affect quite a few clubs. Some below will be Spey valley but east of the river:

Nairn St Ninian, Dufftown(?), Forres Thistle, Burghead Thistle, New Elgin and Cromdale (?).

Potentially from the Highland League:

Clachnacuddin, Rothes (?), Brora Rangers, Forres Mechanics, Lossiemouth United, Wick Academy, Strathspey Thistle, Nairn County and Fort William.

As individual club's fortunes change over time the N Cal area could look quite strong in ten years time if present Aberdeen/shire and Midlands League clubs win promotion to the Highland League!

27 minutes ago, Dev said:

A while back there was talk or speculation that the North Region Juniors located west of the River Spey might get allocated to the N Cal area and that current Highland League clubs located west of the Spey might be allocated to the N Cal feeder league (to the Highland League) if they were ever relegated.

This could possibly affect quite a few clubs. Some below will be Spey valley but east of the river:

Nairn St Ninian, Dufftown(?), Forres Thistle, Burghead Thistle, New Elgin and Cromdale (?).

Clachnacuddin, Rothes (?), Brora Rangers, Forres Mechanics, Lossiemouth United, Wick Academy, Strathspey Thistle, Nairn County and Fort William.

As individual club's fortunes change over time the N Cal area could look quite strong in ten years time if present Aberdeen/shire and Midlands League clubs win promotion to the Highland League!

Highland League clubs had until 31st July to nominate which league they would be relegated to if they lose the HL Pyramid Playoff. There are no boundaries between the three Tier 6 leagues.

EDIT:

image.png.e4ce1c90dd8752abd6ddfb30ba661602.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

9 hours ago, Dev said:

@NiallFH was pretty clear that clubs would remain within their current leagues unless they desired to move. Relegation from the Highland League is to a league nominated by the club earlier in the season.

9 hours ago, Dev said:

Kind of hoped that N Cal football would get to Avoch or Fortrose one day. Maybe, if Loch Ness end up back at Inverness, then Fortrose may enter the League in its' own right. Who knows!

Avoch and Fortrose (& Rosemarkie Union) have historically had sides in the predecessors to the NCL. Even been champions.

A lot of talk on Twitter regarding Loch Ness and Inverness Athletic.  They appear to be going down the same path Inverness City did - being nomads and not having their own pitch.

I expect to be shot down for this, but isn't securing an actual pitch/ground one of the main requirements for creating a new team?  As in you do that before you register the club, join a league etc?

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A lot of talk on Twitter regarding Loch Ness and Inverness Athletic.  They appear to be going down the same path Inverness City did - being nomads and not having their own pitch.

I expect to be shot down for this, but isn't securing an actual pitch/ground one of the main requirements for creating a new team?  As in you do that before you register the club, join a league etc?

No, the most important thing is that you develop a brand that appeals to a bunch of sadacts on Twitter. All the other functions of a football club are incidental at best.