North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You might have made the same mistake as me, the house next to the pitch is private, the self catering is round the corner and hidden from view. Was hoping to watch the game out the window if it was pishing down. At the end of the lane first right below.

P.S. Think it was @MarkPockets who set me right on this too.. :1eye

image.thumb.png.30e2c7f84b385d569d91bd0cce0209c9.png

I can confidently say my knowledge of Scourie is likely unrivalled on P&B. I can see my parents' house in the background of that photo 

17 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Oban Saints already have a team Central Scottish AFL and a second team in the Greater Glasgow AFL. You've also got South Lochaber Thistle from Kinlochleven in the Greater Glasgow AFL though they are above the tier 5 dividing line.

South Lochaber Thistle was who I was thinking of.  Did they move from Ballachulish?  Thought that was where they were from.

44 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

South Lochaber Thistle was who I was thinking of.  Did they move from Ballachulish?  Thought that was where they were from.

They have always played out of Kinlochleven although perhaps they have played fixtures in Ballachulish in Jubilee Park but it's a shinty ground 

There was a Ballachulish team in the Lochaber welfare 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You might have made the same mistake as me, the house next to the pitch is private, the self catering is round the corner and hidden from view. Was hoping to watch the game out the window if it was pishing down. At the end of the lane first right below.

P.S. Think it was @MarkPockets who set me right on this too.. :1eye

image.thumb.png.30e2c7f84b385d569d91bd0cce0209c9.png

No, I knew it's the brown wood-panelled building behind those bushes on the right. It looks like it used to be a small bunkhouse or something.

You've now got me wondering whether there are any grounds where you can watch the game from a B&B, hotel or self-catering.

On 20/08/2021 at 01:06, GordonS said:

Ah, disappointing. I was planning a trip to Scourie for the school holidays in September or October and had very nearly booked the self catering right beside the pitch.

Sorry for those who must have worked hard to get them this far. I hope they feel it was worth it anyway.

Yes disappointing that Scourie FC has withdrawn from the NCL.

However today's opening results suggest that the league will be very competitive this season, if today's results are anything to go by :

Alness Utd       2        Invergordon     3

Golspie            3        Inverness Ath   3

Nairn " A"          3        St Duthus          2     

Halkirk Utd       3       Thurso                0

Bonar Bridge,  Loch Ness,  and  Orkney kick off their season next Saturday,  

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes disappointing that Scourie FC has withdrawn from the NCL.

However today's opening results suggest that the league will be very competitive this season, if today's results are anything to go by :

Alness Utd       2        Invergordon     3

Golspie            4        Inverness Ath   4

Nairn " A"          3        St Duthus          2     

Halkirk Utd       3       Thurso                0

Bonar Bridge,  Loch Ness,  and  Orkney kick off their season next Saturday,  

- apologies for my typo error above

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Strange that people dont complain about Nairn having a B team while moan about Rangers & Celtic 

Because they started in the bottom tier and if they win this league, they are forbidden from playing at tier 5… like every other reserve/B team currently in the pyramid 🥱

Next!

50 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Strange that people dont complain about Nairn having a B team while moan about Rangers & Celtic 

Almost as strange as Old Firm suck ups, who don't care about the North Caledonian League, using it as a non-sequitur to further embarrass themselves 

1 hour ago, mrman2011 said:

Never have Rangers and Celtic 

In the West of Scotland there are three tiers below the Lowland League. The NCL is the lowest tier in Nairn's area.

Also, the OF have made several attempts to get their colts into L2, most recently in June of this year.

Did you really not know this?

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Loch Ness have moved to the opposite side of the firth from Inverness Athletic

Glad they got something proper sorted with a decent ground in Fortrose and hopefully some good local support at their doorstep.

Says everything you need to know about the local council in Inverness that BOTH “Inverness” teams are having to play outside the city though

Edited by Spyro