North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

On 02/10/2020 at 17:59, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

In addition to the above, Loch Ness have confirmed on their twitter page that they will be using Canal Park as their home ground for this season.

Excellent news, and must be worth a visit.

10 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Would it be possible to have a UHI team enter the league in the future?  We've seen other universities teams enter different leagues in Scotland.

I thought some of the land was meant to be used for sports, so they probably will at some point. 

Would have been great too, if city or athletic had found someone to play, in the east or south of the city. And tried to integrate into a community of the city. 

On 04/10/2020 at 11:26, Juanhourjoe said:

I thought some of the land was meant to be used for sports, so they probably will at some point. 

Would have been great too, if city or athletic had found someone to play, in the east or south of the city. And tried to integrate into a community of the city. 

The bypass was an excellent chance to create all weather facilities for non league football, they blew the whole budget on rugby and golf though. Meanwhile Golspie are finally doing their bit for their SFA member status.

As things stand the NCL & other Juniors will I'm sure get some increased numbers watching them, given that many play on public parks with vantage points outside of the usual confines of the immediate pitch & sorrounding area, & folk obviously cant go & watch higher levels where actually getting into a ground is of course not possible. I know that Loch Ness playing at Highland Rugby Club have a ground mostly surrounded by open fencing, so they will be one. Which others offer good views? 

1 hour ago, Highland ITFC said:

As things stand the NCL & other Juniors will I'm sure get some increased numbers watching them, given that many play on public parks with vantage points outside of the usual confines of the immediate pitch & sorrounding area, & folk obviously cant go & watch higher levels where actually getting into a ground is of course not possible. I know that Loch Ness playing at Highland Rugby Club have a ground mostly surrounded by open fencing, so they will be one. Which others offer good views? 

muir of ord(inverness athletic),nairn,st duthus,alness if theyre playing in dingwall,i believe scourie and bonar bridge too

i really cannot wait to see some footy again

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

muir of ord(inverness athletic),nairn,st duthus,alness if theyre playing in dingwall,i believe scourie and bonar bridge too

Nairn Sts always seem to post about the public park being closed whilst they're playing, but can't see how they can shut off the whole park....or that it's necessary. Are Nairn County A playing their home games at Station Park, or somewhere else?

17 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

Nairn Sts always seem to post about the public park being closed whilst they're playing, but can't see how they can shut off the whole park....or that it's necessary. Are Nairn County A playing their home games at Station Park, or somewhere else?

when they joined the top division they had someone at the entrance to the park not letting anyone in without paying admission,i was surprised by this as i thought it was a public park with rights of way but im no lawyer so i dont know

think nairn u20s are playing at the pitch by the skate park down by the river,could be wrong though

19 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

when they joined the top division they had someone at the entrance to the park not letting anyone in without paying admission,i was surprised by this as i thought it was a public park with rights of way but im no lawyer so i dont know

think nairn u20s are playing at the pitch by the skate park down by the river,could be wrong though

Nairn County "A" will be playing home NCL games at Riverside Park.

It is a pity that Bunillidh Thistle have gone into 'abeyance' for this season. It is however their intention to return in 2021/22, virus constraints permitting. 

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

I think the Farmers' Society own the Showfield, so it's not technically a public park. They were looking at selling it off for housing several years ago, from what I remember.

7 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

disagree,i think they were correct to highlight what the reality for players is at the moment,i completely understand why they wouldnt want to put up with that

I go hillwalking every weekend and often end up up to my knees in bogs or on my arse in a peat hag or just otherwise torrentially rained on.

I find a towel and change of clothes is perfectly adequate until I get home for a shower.

There's absolutely no reason for a functioning adult to be driving about wet in their football shorts.

I go hillwalking every weekend and often end up up to my knees in bogs or on my arse in a peat hag or just otherwise torrentially rained on.
I find a towel and change of clothes is perfectly adequate until I get home for a shower.
There's absolutely no reason for a functioning adult to be driving about wet in their football shorts.
The rules re:changing rooms have been updates so it's now possible for players to get changed.

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

Best to be a wee bit discrete about it, if loads turn up some jobsworth or facebook mum will try to get it closed down.

49 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I thought the same, towel down and put on a spare track suit, but if you add on not sharing cars etc. it becomes hardly worth bothering with if you're working full time, quite apart from the isolation rules if someone else gets a positive test.

Edited by welshbairn

For clarity I did think the not wanting to contribute to spread and being self employed are genuinely good and noble reasons.

Also when I played sport half the fun was the social side and a pint after. A solo drive 30 miles to play a game and a solo drive home sounds no fun  at all.