North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

2 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

Thinking of past Inverness sponsors

McRae and Dick
Tomatin
Orion Group

Get these hipsters away from Orion, they're Clach's. These c***s don't even have a pitch yet, despite their 3 designer shirts.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Get these hipsters away from Orion, they're Clach's. These c***s don't even have a pitch yet, despite their 3 designer shirts.

Didn’t realize they sponsored Clach. I thought they sponsored ICT for a wee while?

4 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

Didn’t realize they sponsored Clach. I thought they sponsored ICT for a wee while?

They did.

So here I was 48 years young and doing my first sports interview. Orion Group have a long association with promoting the development of youth football. We provide close support to Clachnacuddin with Kitts and transport and funding for youth coaches. We have links and sponsorships with Aberdeen, Ross County and a once close association with Caley Thistle. It’s no accident Orion Group noticed Ryan Christie’s talents some time ago as his father Charlie is a very well-known and respected figure in Inverness.

https://www.orionjobs.com/press/its-not-every-christmas-you-get-a-chance-to-meet-one-of-93582412074

2 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

och,you were doing so well up until then in your posts.....

Sorry to let you down. :lol: Got out of the habit of night time drinking due to stuff at home, but will definitely give upstairs a go when the virus has gone, I'd imagine it would be like a petri dish when it's busy. Meanwhile some more publicity for the club without a pitch.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/loch-ness-football-club-sell-800-shirts-worldwide-in-monster-success-206200/

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was only aware of Muir of Ord Rovers through the NCL. Didn't realise they were still on the go. Take it they're in one of the amateur leagues?

Aye, second tier of the local welfare league according to this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverness_and_District_Football_Association

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was only aware of Muir of Ord Rovers through the NCL. Didn't realise they were still on the go. Take it they're in one of the amateur leagues?

They play summer amateur in the Inverness and District League. They're loosely related to the NCL side rather than the same club, but same could be said several of the amateur clubs that have had teams in the NCL.

Is there any news on the NCL formally becoming a Tier 6 league?

If this happens will any more clubs/teams be likely to switch to the NCL from the North Juniors or the Summer Amateur leagues? I have mentioned this previously, so apologies, but being at Tier 6 it would give clubs a way to go for a SFA club licence etc.

Would it make any sense for the likes of Nairn St Ninian, Dufftown, Burghead Thistle, Forres Thistle and Spey Valley United to consider switching in due course? Would the possibility of being able to get a licence and (mostly) reduced travelling be enough incentive for them? 

Inverness Athletic say they are keeping their name and still looking for a permanent home in Inverness.

I'd like to know how their gaffer gets to Muir of Ord in 10 minutes though!

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/inverness-football-team-set-to-move-to-muir-of-ord-206537/