North Caledonian League Expansion

Robert James

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

For the avoidance of doubt, the Northern Meeting Park is a brilliant venue to watch football. Bught Park is utter shite.

The shinty ground is ok, but they won't be allowed, and Lister Park has been dismantled, so it's just a pitch on the park. They'd have to blag their way into the ice rink or swimming pool to change or have a shower and pish I'd think.

P.S. On second thoughts there must be some changing rooms hidden away somewhere.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Achlochan Park, home of Scourie Football Club. Think I'll have to get there early before the groundhoppers get all the seats.

image.thumb.png.04b3b28582ec775627bf8cab34cc077f.png

image.thumb.png.7c49bc05b33b51b78fde9ad423713467.png

Just added Scourie to my groundhopping list...

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Loch Ness trying for the Northern Meeting ground, and Fraser Park. Hope they have more success than Inverness City.

If they're not playing close enough for a clearance to go in the loch then they should be kicked out of the league again for their fake news name. A home venue between Fort Augustus and Dores should be enshrined in their terms of membership.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The shinty ground is ok, but they won't be allowed, and Lister Park has been dismantled, so it's just a pitch on the park. They'd have to blag their way into the ice rink or swimming pool to change or have a shower and pish I'd think.

P.S. On second thoughts there must be some changing rooms hidden away somewhere.

Even the shinty ground is shit which is why Camanachd finals look like being at Kingussie for the foreseeable when they are scheduled to be in the north. Stand and changing rooms are fine but the playing surface is no better than a public park.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

If they're not playing close enough for a clearance to go in the loch then they should be kicked out of the league again for their fake news name. A home venue between Fort Augustus and Dores should be enshrined in their terms of membership.

They could play out of Drumnadrochit. The social club has a chip shop underneath

an-aerial-view-of-the-blairbeg-shinty-pitch-in-drumnadrochit-near-inverness-scotland-home-of-glen-urquhart-shinty-club-W67JTN.jpg

16 hours ago, virginton said:

Now be careful what you post.   Anything nasty and the Monster will come looking for you .  

Loch Ness FC warning  "Beware the Teeth" ! 

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Even the shinty ground is shit which is why Camanachd finals look like being at Kingussie for the foreseeable when they are scheduled to be in the north. Stand and changing rooms are fine but the playing surface is no better than a public park.

Yeah, they play the amateur cup finals on the stadium pitch. It's not great.

Just measured it and Scourie is almost exactly the same distance from Tweedmouth as it is from the Faroe Islands.
Better roads obv...

Be further from teams in the SW like Stranraer, Wigtown, Newton Stewart and Girvan. Tweedmouth is quite a bit further north than us!

On 23/06/2020 at 18:20, Marten said:

Just added Scourie to my groundhopping list...

If the North Caledonian Fixture Secretary is reading this thread can you please schedule a Scourie home game on Saturday 19th December. (I've got 2 nights booked in a hotel already)

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

If the North Caledonian Fixture Secretary is reading this thread can you please schedule a Scourie home game on Saturday 19th December. (I've got 2 nights booked in a hotel already)

Thanks in advance.

Where are you staying? Was thinking of the B&B overlooking the ground in case it's pishing it down, the hotel (with an bar) in the village's a bit pricey.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Where are you staying? Was thinking of the B&B overlooking the ground in case it's pishing it down, the hotel (with an bar) in the village's a bit pricey.

I'm staying in Kylesku that weekend (which is even pricier than the Scourie Hotel) but totally worth it. Best hotel in the Highlands. 

But as I'm up in Sutherland anyway 10 miles up the road to Scourie counts as practically next door by their standards. 

On 28/06/2020 at 08:39, Clayhole Blue said:

Be further from teams in the SW like Stranraer, Wigtown, Newton Stewart and Girvan. Tweedmouth is quite a bit further north than us!

I know, but I thought as Berwick is much further east it would be further away - Scourie is almost exactly north of Stranraer. But I just measured it and you're spot on, my mental trigonometry failed me. The furthest Scottish club from Scourie as the crow flies is St Cuthbert's Wanderers at 396.39km. Gretna is next, at 393.99km.