Alex Salmond show on Russia Today

Colkitto

People need to start looking at the sources they're using FFS. I agree that Media Lens isn't impartial but Michael White is a moron that looks like the personification of the Scramble for Africa.

So you disagree with the sentiment of the actual comment?

It could have come from Putin himself and I would have agreed with it.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's not a "which broadcaster is the biggest b*****d" competition. It's about hypocrisy. 

Nobody is impartial here which is the point. Michael White though :lol:

Can't disagree with anything here tbf. Especially the Michael White bit.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So you disagree with the sentiment of the actual comment?

It could have come from Putin himself and I would have agreed with it.

I don't know what's to be gained by amplifying voices who don't share your politics to any extent.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Can't disagree with anything here tbf. Especially the Michael White bit.

Exactly, I have no problem with folk criticising RT, I imagine they are absolutely as bad as folk say they are.

But hearing folk have a go at Eck especially when it come from the likes of Andrew Neil & Nick Robinson is just preposterous. 

Exactly, I have no problem with folk criticising RT, I imagine they are absolutely as bad as folk say they are.
But hearing folk have a go at Eck especially when it come from the likes of Andrew Neil & Nick Robinson is just preposterous. 

Oh there is a strong whiff of hypocrisy from Robinson and Neil (and the unionists in general).

However, there should not be unquestioning loyalty to everything that Salmond says and does - he can be wrong and this time I genuinely believe he is wrong.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Oh there is a strong whiff of hypocrisy from Robinson and Neil (and the unionists in general).

However, there should not be unquestioning loyalty to everything that Salmond says and does - he can be wrong and this time I genuinely believe he is wrong.

I'm happy with that, i'd rather the elder statesman of Scottish politics was invited to host the Daily Politics but you play with the hand you are dealt.  

Looking forward to the seething unionist roasters claiming Salmond and the SNP are entirely to blame when in the future, Putin annexes North Kyrgyzstan or some such backwater.

More likely that they will use whatever he says on his show to beat the SNP with.

What he does not want is his words being propaganda not only for Russia Today but also for his opponents.

If he does proceed I hope he has full control over the production and recognises that his every word will be scrutinised.

I wouldn't like to see him turn into another Jim Sillars to be used as a stick to beat the independence movement with.

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

More likely that they will use whatever he says on his show to beat the SNP with.

They will do that anyway, regardless of whether he had a chat show on RT.

I'm sure you are aware by now that he also has a wife who is old, fat and barren.

They will do that anyway, regardless of whether he had a chat show on RT.
I'm sure you are aware by now that he also has a wife who is old, fat and barren.

I think what disturbs me is that he seems to have gone ahead with this without seeking any sort of approval from the SNP.

There is the nagging doubt that this is all about Salmond and his ego.

On the plus side he gains an international platform where there is no need to be politically balanced. If he avoids discussing Russian related stuff they may give him a free hand. More influential than a slot on LBC.

P.S. I'll be waiting to see the show before making a judgement, as he advises. If he doesn't start it with an attempt at a Cossack dance I'll be serious disappointed.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think what disturbs me is that he seems to have gone ahead with this without seeking any sort of approval from the SNP.

There is the nagging doubt that this is all about Salmond and his ego.

There's no doubt the man has a pretty big ego. 

Is he employed by the SNP, or is he merely an ex MP and a member of the party ? 

There's no doubt the man has a pretty big ego. 
Is he employed by the SNP, or is he merely an ex MP and a member of the party ? 

He is not just any ex MP and member of the party.

An ex-leader still has a responsibility to toe the line for the greater good of the party.

When the don't they become sad bitter twisted old fuckers aka Jim Sillars.

He is not just any ex MP and member of the party.

An ex-leader still has a responsibility to toe the line for the greater good of the party.

When the don't they become sad bitter twisted old fuckers aka Jim Sillars.

Jim Sillars keeps himself relevant by bashing the SNP whenever he can.

Salmond doing this isn’t the same. As an SNP member, I could not give a single f**k.

Don’t think it’s a good thing, don’t think it’s a bad thing, don’t have any opinion on it whatsoever.

He wants to do this then fine up to him, has absolutely no relevance to what’s going on with the SNP.