Alex Salmond show on Russia Today

Colkitto

I’m not surprised but somewhat disappointed with the reaction to this especially on twitter. Im a seriously big supporter of Indy, but f**k me suggesting that this is an MI5 conspiracy etc is mental behaviour, maybe just sometimes people in public life can be c***s without tin foil hat stuff. Nicola Sturgeon is to be commended with her balanced statement. What we need is for the investigations to be allowed to reach a conclusion and act like adults who don’t throw toys out the pram everytime something they don’t like happens. Is it possible Alec is a sex pest, yes, is it possible hes been subject of a malicious complaint, yes, but how anyone can reach any conclusion just now is fucking mental behaviour.

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

What are the odds that Salmond could politically hurt Surgeon? Deliberately. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

He will be damaged yes, but he is not in front line politics anymore, Sturgeon is. If these accusations are found to be correct then If, and If,mind you Sturgeon knew about the alleged assaults and sat on it her credibility would be in shreds. 

Obviously this is just an opinion, but it could get very uncomfortable for her. There are people with an agenda against the SNP who will most likely cast aspersions of the ilk that she knew and the mud may stick. After all as the media like to practice," why let the facts get in the way of a good story."

I understand what you're getting at, but I can't see this as Salmond deliberately hurting Sturgeon.

This is extremely damaging to the party and whatever the outcome it will stick like shite to a coo's erse.

When his onetime deputy First Minister, who worked along side him for years,  say's  procedures must be followed then there must be some damning evidence.

It will be interesting to see if the two sexual harrassment complainants are SNP workers or are from outside the party.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This is extremely damaging to the party and whatever the outcome it will stick like shite to a coo's erse.

When his onetime deputy First Minister, who worked along side him for years,  say's  procedures must be followed then there must be some damning evidence.

It will be interesting to see if the two sexual harrassment complainants are SNP workers or are from outside the party.

We don't know what the accusations are and it's obvious the FM has to stay out of it and let the procedure run its course. I think Alex is annoyed that the procedure allows that he's not been told what he's been accused of.

I’m not surprised but somewhat disappointed with the reaction to this especially on twitter. Im a seriously big supporter of Indy, but f**k me suggesting that this is an MI5 conspiracy etc is mental behaviour, maybe just sometimes people in public life can be c***s without tin foil hat stuff. Nicola Sturgeon is to be commended with her balanced statement. What we need is for the investigations to be allowed to reach a conclusion and act like adults who don’t throw toys out the pram everytime something they don’t like happens. Is it possible Alec is a sex pest, yes, is it possible hes been subject of a malicious complaint, yes, but how anyone can reach any conclusion just now is fucking mental behaviour.
Absolutely this.

These kind of things need to be dealt with in a calm, rational manner. Twitter unfortunately, is the exact opposite.

Will it? If the complainants are civil servants, not affiliated to the SNP, does this decide it’s a lie, and if they’re SNP members it’s the truth? Whether you mean it or not, that’s exactly what you’re implying. May as well wonder what they were wearing.

Genuinely astounding stuff today on Twitter. I’m not sure what impact these types have on the Yes ‘movement’, but it can only be negative.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Because victims of any kind of sexual abuse or even impropriety often take years to disclose it. They have to feel safe to do so.

Do you understand now?

Don't see why, if the allegations are true, they wouldn't have felt empowered to speak up immediately after the fact. It's not like the man they're talking about was the head of the government or anything.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

If it was that serious, why has it taken 5 years to come to light ?

Is it maybe because it's people playing politics ???

So going by your mock "outrage" here, I'd be interested to know how you all feel about Donald Trump ??

Maybe not but maybe the girls were asked to keep a lid on the allegations for the time being as it would have been bad for the party. Maybe they just felt that way themselves. 

20 minutes ago, Paco said:

Will it? If the complainants are civil servants, not affiliated to the SNP, does this decide it’s a lie, and if they’re SNP members it’s the truth? Whether you mean it or not, that’s exactly what you’re implying. May as well wonder what they were wearing.

Genuinely astounding stuff today on Twitter. I’m not sure what impact these types have on the Yes ‘movement’, but it can only be negative.

My mention of who the complainants are had no hidden implications whatsoever, what I meant was that whether the alleged harrassments had taken place within the SNP or on a private social occasion or suchlike. Is that any clearer?

I am not finger pointing at all and there will be many jumping to conclusions.

As I clearly said the damage is done to Alex Salmond either way, the no smoke without fire brigade are in full flow.

If as he has adamantly stated three times on BBC Scotland 10 minutes ago to Brian Taylor that he did not commit any criminal offence then fair enough, if he did commit the offences and he is lying then I have no sympathy for him.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We don't know what the accusations are and it's obvious the FM has to stay out of it and let the procedure run its course. I think Alex is annoyed that the procedure allows that he's not been told what he's been accused of.

In his BBC Scotland interview some twenty minutes ago he said that he was informed in March of the accusations.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

In his BBC Scotland interview some twenty minutes ago he said that he was informed in March of the accusations.

As far as I know all he was told was that there were accusations, not what they were.