Darvel JFC..Manager

Darvel Pie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello there, My names Mark Roberts and I would like to apply for the job last week. Darvel Legend tells me you only have half a team fit for purpose so i'm arranging to have Dalry's park flooded and the showers broken (Ive taken advice from Kilsyth about that)  so as to give me time to sign 3 or 4 decent players so we can go on to win the league and the West. Not interested in the Ayrshire as it's a diddy cup. We can arrange to have the crowd at Dalry counted so we don't get diddled out of the gate receipts and that way I can add another couple of superstars for the bench. Meanwhile I think the Chairman's idea of changing the name to Darveleck Talbot is spot on in preparation for us dominating the junior scene for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for this opportunity, I never imagined managing such a big club at such a tender age.

Brill

1 hour ago, Football crazy 09 said:

I've been thinking about the situation at Darvel now that my tip has decided he's not interested.

Wee Noddy (Graeme Neil) has good junior experience and while he might not be able to attract experienced players, his youth contacts with Ayr United and bonnyton should see a plentiful supply of young talent. Meanwhile I think the club should appoint Big Kenny as interim mananger as he's no one of the magnificent seven and looks good in a tracksuit. Failing that, Gordon Strachan is available and would see eye to eye with the wee pie heid.

interesting to say the least,a talbot legend took the training last night along with a mr strachan but it wisny gordon,has wee pie heed got a master plan? time will tell.

Johns main reason for letting paddy go was that he could not attract big names to the club. So would the guy from bonnyton be the answer proberley not.

i really think we need someone who  has good contacts in the game and is also a tried and tested manager. 

The adl has many a good manager. I would personally like to see the Irvine vics manager get the chance. 

or even carlo who has in the past has  proven he can build teams from scratch.

So just for the sake of clarity, was Paddy sacked because Roberts was lined up, but then he backed out? If that’s true then hell mend the chairman. However, if I’m wrong, and if promotion is such a priority, leaving yourself with no manager, even for one match, is utter folly. Ergo, hell mend him in that case too!

48 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So just for the sake of clarity, was Paddy sacked because Roberts was lined up, but then he backed out? If that’s true then hell mend the chairman. However, if I’m wrong, and if promotion is such a priority, leaving yourself with no manager, even for one match, is utter folly. Ergo, hell mend him in that case too!

Meanwhile,it looks like the chairman has been occupied elsewhere as..in a very fetching hairnet... he is currently extolling the virtues of his pies,tattie scones,etc. in  a cheeky wee ad on STV. :)

Archived