Clyde v Stirling Albion

Three days to go before the big event of the season so far. I'm referring of course to the 2017 Sportsman's Dinner this Saturday evening. Prior to that we have the feast of football that will be served up at Broadwood. Start as we started last Saturday and we will get humped. Play as we did in the second half and it should be a decent game. Can we get a league game clean sheet? Can we string some passes together like a team of footballers not hoofers? Can we stay focussed if we take the lead and have a game plan to get a win? Can NLL supply a mac cheese pie for my vegetarian guest?

Stranger things have happened.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be a tough game, I reckon Clyde might be our boogey team this season.

Same team that started the Edinburgh game I'd think, although need to play a lot better if we're to beat this mob.

No doubt Goodwillie will have another stormer.

Big thing for me is if the crowd will turn on the team/individuals if they have a rubbish half again. It didn't happen last week but it's far more likely to happen at Broadwood.

I fear for us if Smith is playing off the left for Stirling and Wright is at wing-back.

5 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Will be a tough game, I reckon Clyde might be our boogey team this season.

Same team that started the Edinburgh game I'd think, although need to play a lot better if we're to beat this mob.

No doubt Goodwillie will have another stormer.

Agree your comments re Clyde, Broadwood has never been a happy hunting ground for us over the last few years and don't expect to get much due to Clyde`s tactics. Need to have everyone giving 100% to get anything from this game but you never know I hope the team surprises us and keeps our streak of winning away from home continues. 

Re Goodwillie we need to keep him under close marking to make sure he does not cause us the problems he did at Forthbank last time we meet. 

Would be quite happy with a share of the points.

Prediction Clyde 1 Albion 1 and hopefully still TOP OF THE LEAGUE. 

"Clyde's tactics"? Leaking goals. Not defending a lead. Collapsing under increasing pressure. No plan B. No plan A. Aye! We'll hump you cos we have Davie Boy. Let's not forget our nasty fans slagging off the individual players. I'll be munching on my pie watching on as McNally works his tactical magic and our vice chairman checks on the efficacy of the stewarding arrangements.

I know it's petty. However the pedant in me is just to strong!
Might you make it to our Bar 58 pre match, Jake? Always good to meet people with a similar addiction to shite football!

Thats the plan, is it still bring your own bottle?

Now it's a pay bar with cans , bottles and a range of spirits situated on floor 3 of the Main Stand. Prices are reasonable and there is a good ambience as we drink before the reality of 3 o'clock kicks in. Full details on the official Clyde website. See you Saturday.

Thats the plan, is it still bring your own bottle?

Cracking wee facility and when you leave its straight to your seat so drink up until 2 45 get about 5 mins drinking up
Good atmosphere and you can Lord it being top of league and we can quote cup wins [emoji23]

Cracking wee facility and when you leave its straight to your seat so drink up until 2 45 get about 5 mins drinking up
Good atmosphere and you can Lord it being top of league and we can quote cup wins [emoji23]

I think i'll wait till I know the result before lording about being top, come 4:45 on Saturday we may no longer be top. :lol:

Archived