West Cup

AmateurCoach

22 hours ago, Gunner said:

Crucially though, against Bannockburn we had the chance to get more of our senior players on the pitch from the start with only 3 of the under 19's starting (another 3 on the bench). And it let us play a bit more like we can... and rather than 'have' to play the younger guys, I was able to pick the right ones for the game and introduce the others at the right times during the game. 

I think that's a poor comment and if i was one of the players who you felt you "had" too play I would be less than impressed. 

I hate reading on forums or social media when a club is talking about their match the opening gambit is "we were missing key players" or this that and the other. There's not an amateur club in Scotland these days who take too the field week in, week out with their key players available. Work, days out, babysitting blah blah combined with injury and suspension always plays a part. You sign a squad and you do so because you believe they players can play a part and help win you matches. "Having" to play players is what you do at grassroots.

Clubs should take ownership off results and not go looking for excuses because the following week you could go beat an understrength Colville Park or Bannockburn and you wouldn't want to hear them moan about that. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never offered anyone a square go in my life. Rather than the right honourable, model citizen and highly respected Mr Irvine attacking the team at every opportunity on various social media platforms, he's welcome to come and see the boys at training and how we do things. I'd rather chat to someone than disagree on a forum when you are in danger of the wrong things being inferred - as you have done in thinking I would offer the right honourable, model citizen and highly respected Mr Irvine a square go.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be daft enough to put myself in a position with someone who's already threatened me with the polis - for a forum reply

And on your original point - no other posters have felt I chucked a few guys under the bus, eyeswideopen15 (after explanation) has seen where I was coming from, whilst List_of_Jericho above took it in the manner it was meant. 

Offering trolls the chance to show up at your training to meet face to face is fightin talk !! Let’s be honest with that ! Fair do’s you might now regret some comments or didn’t mean them to come across as they did but the fact is they did come across as blaming said players ( u19s ) for poor start to the season and not being good enough . Own the comments take responsibility and double down on them

As a predicted the wheels r coming off the giffnock band wagon out of the west and Scottish in consecutive weeks what a hiding they got off a Saturday morning team they will win nothing this year 

Do you not see them doing well in the league now that they are out both major cups?

2 hours ago, dr lector said:

Offering trolls the chance to show up at your training to meet face to face is fightin talk !! Let’s be honest with that ! Fair do’s you might now regret some comments or didn’t mean them to come across as they did but the fact is they did come across as blaming said players ( u19s ) for poor start to the season and not being good enough . Own the comments take responsibility and double down on them

Oh, I own them and stand by them. Like I’ve also said - I’m not saying anything here I’ve not said to the players. I stand by them 100% with no regret. Wether people on here disagree or not. And there’s no blame, but as good as the younger guys are... they lack experience. And I would have preferred integrating them at what I believe to be in the right game at the right time. That’s my take on it, wether people think it’s right or not. 

43 minutes ago, dr lector said:

Point accepted from me . As a said well done on a good win Saturday and all the best for the season especially the next few months always tough times for teams with the weather etc regarding games and training

Ta m8. We normally have K-Park available unless the lowland team are at home, so hoping we can get games on through the bad weather.

6 hours ago, Gunner said:

Back on topic though, and to the posts before the nonsense... UB for me is defo result of the round and I am sure will be a side that are no longer flying under the radar. I expect they were maybe underestimated by Giffnock North. I'm sure the result will have anyone who draws them on their toes in the next round. 

I also think Uddingston who are a brand new saturday morning team beating Glasgow Harp was a big result. As well as Westercommon Star beating Steadfast. 

Westercommon, Uddy and UB all teams in the SSMAFL... doing the league proud.

Fair comments but Bannockburn are still a better team than the ones you have mentioned. Though all excellent wins.. 

Archived