Peterhead vs Raith Rovers

CALDERON

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry Smith will point to the having to play youth as an excuse but the first two goals are inexcusable.

Both times Murray came deal with the ball, the 2nd goal resulting in him completely losing his man, and for both Smith is glued to his line. The guy heads it 5 yards out after a floating cross so there is no excuse for Smith not collecting that.

Well done to Peterhead. Hope you guys get a good TV game in the next round to rub salt into our wounds.

I actually thought it was going to be a tighter game as Raith passed it around well the first 20 minutes or so and when Ferry went off injured I thought it was going to be one of those days for us. Then we got a couple of corners in a row and Raith just seemed to completely fold, apart from a short spell at the beginning of the first half and then we soaked up all the pressure at the end when we were 2 up. Rory running the length of the pitch to score the 3rd from Raith's corner was the highlight of the game for me.  A couple of scary moments at the back for us but we weren't punished for them as we so often have been this season. I just wish we could play like that every week.

Archived